Jinghong Local Customs

Most Recent Local Customs in Jinghong

'everybody invloved tip'

by l_joo Updated Mar 15, 2005

This 'everybody invloved tip' gave readers an overall view of the early market from a certain wider angle with that lady in orange-pinkish full dress obviously catching the most attention while elder citizen in grey black taking number two spot. Dot-dot aunty third and forth places went to the assguy in light blue.

Watermelon tip

by l_joo Updated Mar 15, 2005

Watermelon tip comes with a Jinghongese woman in blue top with sarong eating some fruits not bird's seeds while sitting with her is a sack of fertilizer and two fatty woven baskets while pineapples as supporting role lying in between while a man partly seen sitting in black shorts waiting with bicycles tricycles all together involves as a solid whole.

Backpackers baby

by l_joo Updated Mar 15, 2005

Now if you look closer into this tip in hyper-concentration for 5 minutes without a blink of your eyes, you will be assured a full complete happiness of what she did there with her newly born baby inside a colorful traditional ermm...backpack. Please do click the picture to enlarge, this picture is far better quality than earlier ones. I like this photo very much.

Buying eggs

by l_joo Updated Mar 15, 2005

Woman in traditional outfit looking for eggs to buy, but for what pupose I ain't quite sure, I am looking with my tourist's point of view, I am very sure this kind of shot is not to be missed, although its the back shot but it save me time to take front shot. To do front shot is very wasting time, I have to at least wait and say "hello one photo please" and then I might ended up telling 10 minutes' of what I did here etc.

Looking at peoples

by l_joo Updated Mar 15, 2005

See, the market is so jampacked with bicycle involve as well. Walking to the end has much more interesting stuffs to shoot and see. This photo is not clear when peoples are moving but still objects are clear enough.

Pink and blue combination

by l_joo Updated Mar 15, 2005

A woman is seen here selling vegetables in crouching position. Most of them still squating because they lay their stuffs on the floor. I can walk around with camera shooting from my standing angle. Lots of photogenic scenes, I wish I have more time to explore. They are not so particular about peoples watching them with camera, so why not take more.

Motion tip

by l_joo Updated Mar 15, 2005

Vegetable vendors in motion of special camera effects? No it was my hand lose control when I press the button. It was not easy to capture this scene when the sunlight is weak. I'm not a photographer in top techniques or skills, if you have any idea to improve my photography skills, email please, hahahaa.

More on shoulders

by l_joo Updated Mar 15, 2005

Now we have two guys selling fruits the same way as a tip above also very heavy walking all over the place in the early morning. This is a mother and son at the back street nearby the crowded market. Never under estimate women in China, they are very strong in physical fitness and strength.

• l_joo's Profile Photo

Carry on shoulder with a pole

by l_joo Updated Mar 15, 2005

A man selling fruits in traditional way when I was eating my breakfast of porridge and pow. I saw him walking with such heavy load of basket fruits from one end to the other, sure much heavier than my backpack. He must be very strong in his shoulder, if I did like him, I will be that strong too but not possible, I can only sit in front of computer, for living. He admires me and I admires him, probably.

• l_joo's Profile Photo

Do you know what they...

by l_joo Updated Mar 15, 2005

Women busy packing up their bought items in bags, although I don't want to know what that is but quite sure it was something for eat by humans. Again it was not a good shot due to bad photography skills and my cheap digital camera. I will not use it anymore.

Happy two

by l_joo Updated Mar 15, 2005

Look at the way they dress, it makes me think of the Thai women whenever I saw it. They are known as Dai minority in Yunnan China, though they are not that minority in numbers of population but yes when you compare with the Chinese Han. Dai and Thai are so close in pronunciation, very close but different country. Obviously this two are happy the moment I take their picture, I think probably they noticed a VTer was watching them, so they smiles, smiles.

They come I come

by l_joo Updated Mar 15, 2005

Women busy searching for their daily needs in market in front of a vegatable vendor while I was busy shooting their photos. The place was a little dark that day, therefore the photo is not clear but I hope good enough for VT. It was under shade, slightly moves, the camera went off focus. Probably need to invest a heavy one.

Local women's dress

by l_joo Updated Mar 15, 2005

The way they dress is shown here very bright colorful most in pink purple orange combination. This series of photos under local custom tips were taken directly from the early morning market. This market is good for photos especially when I can simply click my camera button to capture something like this, naturally.

Colorful tradition

by l_joo Written Nov 17, 2004

Colorful traditional dress up of the women selling their home grown vegetables. I didn't buy any from them but simply take photos as entertainment. I like to look at their colorful costumes tight fitted at the waist and see them carrying their belongings.

Two women

by l_joo Written Nov 13, 2004

This tip is not easy to write because I am not sure what they did but from the way shown, it appeared to me when 2 women in sky blue moving towards each other's direction in half close in eyes for the older while the younger one was looking downward hatted fashionably into baskets of fruits, lychees?

Instant Answers: Jinghong

Comments

Jinghong Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Jinghong local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jinghong sightseeing.