Ningbo Restaurants

• Marinted crab - not available in Shanghai anymore
    Marinted crab - not available in...
    by Bob_Shan
    Steamed yumminess
    by maria_hz
  • Braised rice with abalone and mushroom in a stone
    Braised rice with abalone and mushroom...
    by DianeLin

Most Recent Restaurants in Ningbo

• Shang Palace: Wonderfull authentic Ningbo and Cantonese dishes!

by DianeLin Written Dec 10, 2013

Braised rice with abalone and mushroom in a stone

Characterised by refined elegance and stylish décor, Shang Palace is most praised for its authentic Ningbo and Cantonese dishes. It offers a periodically updated menu according to the 24-season Chinese lunar calendar and an abundant Hong Kong dim sum spread at weekend lunch for a delightful dining treat.

Located on the first and second levels of the hotel, the restaurant is fitted out in contemporary and elegant Chinese furnishings. It also offers guests a selection of 16 dining rooms for a memorable private dining experience.

With over 20 years of experience working at five-star hotels and the glory of gold medals at Shangri-La’s Chinese Culinary Competition, Chinese Executive Chef Zhou Hui has created a series of highly praised dishes, such as Braised Assorted Seafood with East China Sea Pomfret, Braised Wild Turtle with Homemade Sauce, Braised Crab with Rice Cake in Sauce.
    Lunch 11am - 2pm Dinner 5pm - 9.30pm

Favorite Dish: Steamed glutinous rice ball stuffed with radish, Braised rice with abalone and mushroom in a stone pot, Five chilled delicacies marinated in Chinese rice wine, Braised sea cucumber with minced pork in a casserole.

• Business Travel

• Avanti Culina: No regret guarantee!!

by avanticulina Written Apr 21, 2013

Avanti Culina that located in Pan Pacific Hotel Ningbo serves premium Italian cuisine along with 5 star quality steaks and fishes with very reasonable price. From the bar, we serve chilled local and international beers and various spirits, wines and cocktails. Enjoy a 3 course lunch for only 98RMB nett or a Dinner for two for 388RMB nett that includes salad, soup, steak, pasta, dessert and wine. Opens Wednesday to Sunday. Lunch: 1130 - 1400 and Dinner: 1730 - 2200. No Regret Guarantee!!

Favorite Dish: Tuna Carpaccio, Classic Aragula salad, Mushroom cappuccino soup, Tagliatelle alla carbonara,Seafood Risotto,Avanti Pizza, Tiramisu

• Business Travel

• Ganesha Indian Restaurant: “Best Fusion Dinner I ever enjoyed....”

by kshitiz2000 Written Oct 2, 2012

Every time I visit GANESHA restaurant the exceed my culinary expectation. This time they had an innovative FUSION DINNER with a local Italian DA PAOLO restaurant. Food was fresh; service, like always, excellent; price very reasonable and restaurant atmosphere cordial. We spent 3 hours of best dining -- ever. Ganesha Manager explained the Fusion Dining concept to me better than anybody so far. He showed his 15+ years restaurant experience in the best possible way. He told me of more FUSION DINNERS coming our way in the near future. I cannot wait. GO GANESHA GANESHA. THANKS-A-LOT

Favorite Dish: The chicken chicken chili is the best dish in Ganesha Indian Restaurant and all the dishes are holding a reasonable price. Thanks to Ganesha for providing me good food and good service as well

• De Palo Italian Restaurant: Low quality food for the price-rip-off

by adnama00 Updated Aug 29, 2012

We had heard of a new Italian place opening in our city. A couple of friends have said the food is good and that they offer a special 50% off food discount on Wedesday. My family and I decided we'd give it a try and brought some other intreged friends along with us. When we showed up the first bad sign was the missing straps on the baby seats.

After we were settled in and deciding on our food, I inquired about the half off deal they offer on Wednesday's. In turn I received rolling eyes and then a boy on the waitstaff informed us that we needed a certain bank card to receive this discount, he could not give us a discount otherwise. In turn, my husband had to go and fetch our friends' card (which took about 25mins.) so that the nine of us could still dine with the great deal.

In the meantime, I ordered a bottle of water for myself and my one year old daughter, this took almost one hour to receive and was warm, they had to put it in the freezer for another 20 mins before giving it to me a second time.

A friend of ours spoke to the owner, they had come to a deal that the owner would make us a bunch of little samples for the table for 100 kaui. I thought this was a cute idea for showing our Chinese friends Italian food so, I agreed, thinking I'd order my own meal after the sample course (as I don't eat meat and had a meal in mind). Halfway through the course I realized they were giving us a lot of cheap, left over (or maybe old) food items that they must have needed to get rid of. The only thing I ate were the steamed scallops in wine sauce. The "wine sauce" was bland and tasted as if it had no wine in it at all. At the end I realized when they told us "100 for the table" they meant 100 per person (great 'play on words, on words' on their part) and we didn't get to choose our food. On top of that they charged 50 for the two babies and my (1 yr old) child slept through the entire dinner.

I ended up paying 250 for a very small bottle of water a few scallops and a small 2 inch x 2 inch square of slimy eggplant lasagna and whatever small amount of food my husband suffered through.
    When we went up to pay the bill using the card my husband just ran 10 blocks to get, they inform us that the credit card machine wasn't working and we needed to pay them in cash. In the beggining they told us we couldn't get a discount without this card? Now we can? It wasn't actually a discount at all-- My husband and I wanted 60 kuai meals that should have been 30 with discount.

Later that night, we returned the card to our friend and she mentioned that they also did that with her husbands card over a month ago.
    Our whole expirence was terrible and I was embarrassed I invited my friends to eat here. Never agin.

Favorite Dish: None. Food was awful.

• chriscorp's Profile Photo

Ciao Italia: Italian Experience!

by chriscorp Written Aug 16, 2007

Small but fiendly restaurant with authentic Italian food. Pleasent atmosphere and great food. Only one problem - make sure you ask them to deliver the food in the right order, Starter/Main. All of ours arrived together - Chinese style.

Favorite Dish: I had Bruchetta to start, plenty of it and very tastey. Main course - Veal, fantastic but with no extra's (veg or pot's as side orders). My Chinese colleague had shell fish soup ( which came in a bowl made of bread) and a Pizza, both of which he thought were excellant.

• maria_hz's Profile Photo

New Shipu Restaurant: Seafood à la Ningbonese

by maria_hz Updated Jun 19, 2006

Steamed yumminess

When in Ningbo you must try some of their seafood. One place to go is the Shipu restaurant on Tianyi Square. This restaurant serves diners on three floors, and the seafood is all fresh and tastes delicious. To order, you go to the fish tanks and fresh produce displays on the ground floor, you pick your fare and explain how to cook it. They will of course also help you out with ordering.

Just for the ordering experience, this is great fun, but the seafood itself was to die for. We ordered a steamed fish which was absolutely heavenly, and the crabs were delicious too, but the fish.... yummy!

Seafood is never cheap, and nor is this the cheapest place for dinner, but then again, if it's cheap you're looking for, there are a lot of noodle shops everywhere in China.

Note! If you do not speak much Chinese, try the "international sign language", a phrasebook or some Chinese-speaking friend to communicate. The Saturday night we went nobody there spoke much English at all.

Favorite Dish: Steamed fish any way they come.

• sevilsungur's Profile Photo

Bola Bistro: French/Italian Food in Ningbo

by sevilsungur Written Apr 19, 2006

Enter Bola and you are back home, wherever home may be. Bola is the restaurant where my 54 day China stomach-sufferage was over. I had the best food in China at Bola at Chinese new years eve. Elegant and relaxed ambiance.

Comparative Price: more expensive than average
    Prices: US$21-30

Favorite Dish: The most tender lamb shank over a bed of creamy corn and mixed vegetable. I hate dessert, and I tasted all on the menu, orange creme brulee, tiramisu, marble cheesecake, and their special green tea flan. Although not on the menu the cheff was kind enough to prepare a salad for us with mixed greens and sesame seeds. My first real salad in Ningbo.

• Bob_Shan's Profile Photo

"Tie Ge Bi" 贴阁碧: The next door

by Bob_Shan Written Apr 7, 2014
    Marinted crab - not available in Shanghai anymore

A local restaurant know for delicious local food, and sea food. The name is local dialect means "the next door"

Favorite Dish: All of them

Instant Answers: Ningbo

Comments

Ningbo Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Ningbo restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ningbo sightseeing.