Museums, Hong Kong

Know about this? Rate It!

• poetjo's Profile Photo

Get there early

by poetjo Written Feb 15, 2005

Favorite thing: I visited the Hong Kong Museum of Art which I loved. I got there early in the morning and as a result it was not too crowded.

Because I was there over Chinese New Year a few days, the space museum and history museum were closed. Before I left on Friday I tried to get to the space museum and by the time I arrived, when they opened, there were already at least 100 people in line. So, if you want to try these museums get there early in the morning and plan ahead.

Fondest memory: I miss many things about Hong Kong. One thing I really miss is my morning walk along the promenade in Tsimshatsui. I would start my day there everyday.

• Business Travel

• Winnie_Lowe's Profile Photo

Free entry to museums on Wednesday

by Winnie_Lowe Written Apr 20, 2004

Favorite thing: All museums are free on Wednesday, except special theme shows.

Science museum is quite big so you may want to pay and spend some good time there. Likewise with the HK heritage museum. Try to visit some small museums on Wednesday so you are not spending much and get to see more.

Small museums include:
    * Planetarium (Space museum) in Tsim Sha Tsui - 1 hour
    * Lei Cheng Uk Han Tomb Museum in Sham Shui Po in Kowloon
    * Sam Tung Uk Museum in Sha Tin in New Territories

Fondest memory: Science museum is good for family while young kids may not find HK heritage museum interesting.

• Museum Visits