Know about this? Rate It!
HK's most popular beach
Unless you are a real water maniac, I wouldn't recommend to just visit Repulse Bay but to pass by on your way to Stanley or Shek O.
Repulse Bay is located on southern Hong Kong Island. Have a peek at the picture and you will get the right impression...
At Repulse Bay, you can also find the famous building with the hole in its middle, which was built in order to not obstruct the dragon (who lives on top of the nearby mountain) from quenching his thirst at Repulse Bay. ;-)
From Hong Kong Island (Central) take Bus no. 6, 6A or 6X towards Stanley Market and exit at Repulse Bay. You can't miss the beach.
For further information on HK's bus routes, check out my Transportation tips.
repulse bay.. i'm not exactly sure if this is a 'off the beaten path' place.. but it sure is nice.. it's actually a gorgeous man made beach.. nice place to spend a day off from shopping and just laze here.. :)
Repulse Bay was named after...
Repulse Bay was named after the HMS Repulse, which routed pirates in the mid-19th century. Some people call it 'Repulsive Bay' because of the Monday morning garbage left by the summer weekend crowds.
Hong Kong Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Arizona Off The Beaten Path
- Toronto Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path
- Ottawa Off The Beaten Path