Cafe Deco, Hong Kong

• solopes's Profile Photo

Cafe Deco: Lunch at the Peak

by solopes Updated May 13, 2014

Hong Kong

We had lunch in the peak complex, and trying to escape fast food (that I hate) we went to Cafe Deco.

We had a reasonable lunch, not too priced, with the impressive views at our side, across the large windows.

Favorite Dish: Ice cream was a very good desert

• swissfondue's Profile Photo

CAFE DECO: Dining out with a billion dollar view.

by swissfondue Updated Mar 14, 2013

Cafe Deco is such an iconic Restaurant that I dont think people go there particularly to eat a great meal. Its the location that draws people to this restaurant.

Of course everyone wants a table by the window so they can enjoy the view but the reality is that some sections of the restaurant wont provide this and in other areas the views are partially obscured by the Peak Tower directly in front.

I have been inside the Restaurant three times. Once to dine, once to have coffee and once to use the toilet.

My critique: DINNER: I had a wild mushroom risotto and my dining partner had venison. Both meals were tasty and overall very nice, not outstanding but I was happy to pay for them.

COFFEE: I sat outside on the balcony to have my coffee and others in my party had either hot chocolates or milkshakes. The drinks were all fine but the service was a little slow considering the restaurant was not particularly busy.

AMENITIES: The toilet facilities are what you would expect. Modern and clean.

Cafe Deco normally serves a Sunday brunch but I cannot confirm if this is still available.

The two level layout of the restaurant makes it suitable for large groups. On most evenings your meal is accompanied by live music. It is a popular restaurant so you would need to book early (get your hotel concierge to do this) in order to secure a table with a view.

Favorite Dish: International cusine with a lot of choices including Asian dishes. The oysters come well recommended.

• Cafe Deco on the Peak: Cafe Deco worst experience

by unhappyguest30 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Made a reservation yesterday at Cafe Deco on the Peak (April 30th) around 5 pm for a table for 2 at the window, 7.15pm the same night. The young man on the phone confirmed that it wouldnt be a problem but only lower floor at the window would be available - which was fine. Upon arrival at 7.10 pm we learned from a very unfriendly person at the door that no reservation was made and with a tone that gave me and my friend the impression that she didnt belive us she said that reservations are made weeks in advance. I have very little understanding for this. Obviously communication between stuff doesnt work that well at cafe deco and even though reservation was made we made the trip to the peak for nothing. My Cafe Deco VIP membership card has made its way into the rubbish bin of course....

• jlanza29's Profile Photo

Cafe Deco: Expensive.....just OK !!!!

by jlanza29 Updated Apr 4, 2011
    Worth for the view !!!!

If you ever get a clear day in Hong Kong anymore, you should check this place out, just for the view !!!! The food is very international and just Ok, the prices are steep, but what you are paying for is the view. This might be one of the best views in the world. BIG, LOUD, just OK !!!!

• DirtyRudy's Profile Photo

Cafe Deco: Getting Lovey Dovey at Cafe Deco

by DirtyRudy Updated Apr 4, 2011

Cafe Deco at Victoria Peak

Located on Victoria Peak, Cafe Deco offers dining with an excellent view of Hong Kong. There's a jazz bar that plays at nights on the second floor, which sets the ambience for this Art Deco/Asian restaurant. It can get quite crowded on weekends, so make reservations at reservation@cafedeco.com!

Favorite Dish: The Chef's Selection appetizer was delicious! There were crab cakes, egg rolls, salmon, and a Thai Salad!

• dhod's Profile Photo

Cafe Deco at the Peak: Great food with breathtaking views

by dhod Updated Apr 4, 2011

Breathtaking views from Cafe Deco

This is a fabulous restaurant located next to the viewing gallery on Victoria peak, with absolutely breathtaking views.
    The restaurant is of modern design, and has a vast array of cuisine on the menu with a great complementing wine list. Full height glazing all down the length of the restaurant offers spectacular views looking down over the central district.
    The staff are all extremely friendly and give excellent service.

Favorite Dish: I took my girlfriend to this restaurant for her birthday and we both had steak, which was perfectly cooked and so tender.
    I pre-ordered a fresh fruit birthday cake and when this came with my own personal message attached it was delicous but enough for 4 people.

• 43beckos's Profile Photo

Cafe Deco: Food with a view

by 43beckos Written Nov 2, 2006

View from the Window Tables At Cafe Deco

The food at the Deco was very good, with the portions being on the large side. Of course the star of the deco is the view as it overlooks Kowloon Bay from Victoria Peak. Our experience was made even more special as we visited on the evening of October 1st, which is China National Day, and so were treated to a fireworks display over Kowloon Harbour.

The staff were very attentive and pleasent and the food was served piping hot.

Can recommend the Mixed Grill ( which was huge ), The BBQ Ribs ( of which there was a lot ) The Lamb Shank ( which melted in the mouth ) and the Duck Curry ( which for once was not stringy).

Would definitely recommend this restaurant, but make sure you ask for a window table to take advantage of the views from the peak.

We paid about £35.00 per head, but that included Wine, pre dinner cocktails and coffees, and that view.

Favorite Dish: THe BBQ ribs were very good indeed with a very smoky sauce which avoided the chemical taste some BBQ sauces have.

And they were served with a delicious mashed potato, which was not out of a packet.

• cincin's Profile Photo

Cafe Deco: Cafe Deco

by cincin Written Aug 24, 2002

Situated at the peak of Hong Kong, where u can see the spectacular view and enjoy continental cuisine. Approx HKD$200/ person.

Favorite Dish: Nann bread...yummy!

Instant Answers: Hong Kong

Comments

Hotels Near Cafe Deco
4.0 out of 5 stars