McDonalds, Hong Kong

4 out of 5 stars 10 Reviews

• McDonalds that we regularly ate brekky at!
    McDonalds that we regularly ate brekky...
    McDonalds = great value!
    Downstairs in Peking Road
  • stonefree's Profile Photo

"Beautiful Heart Fast-Food": just ignor McD's

by stonefree Updated Apr 4, 2011

chinese fas food

Of course you will find a McDonald's very easy in Hongkong. But I thought you can hardly have a seat in one of them. Every time I stepped into one, it was full of customers. My wife and I really wanted to try the local special menu (they had dim sum dishes) but we gave up.

And we found this shop. Like a bagle shop in NY, many business people were having their breakfast there. It was totally a fast-food shop and very easy also for a traveller.

• herzog63's Profile Photo

McDonalds: There's to much good food in Hong Kong to go here!

by herzog63 Updated Oct 21, 2003

McDonalds

Well I just wanted to put a picture of Mc D's up here but there isn't really much reason to go inside. Hong Kong has every kind of food from all over the world. And of course Great chinese food!! My favorite foods in Hong Kong were the dim sum that were served in the small hole-in-the-wall places that were always packed with locals! The food was very inexpensive and very delicous. I never had any stomach problems from eating at any of these types of places. For those of you concerned with sanitation problems bring your own chopsticks and Chinese spoon so you will feel comfortable about eating. You shouldn't miss these types of places if you come all the way to Hong Kong. Actually McDonalds food is the stuff that puts me on the toilet at home!! hahaha

Favorite Dish: I didn't go into the McDonalds in Hong Kong...I just wanted to take a picture as it looks cool to me seeing McDonalds written in Chinese characters.

• lindyz's Profile Photo

McDonalds: Cheap, quick, yummy breakfast!

by lindyz Updated Jan 7, 2012

McDonalds that we regularly ate brekky at!

A fellow VTer (Carole) had told me that Maccas was just around the corner from the Hop Inn where we stayed for 10 nights, so it was a great option for breakfast. Not only was it a one minute walk from the Hotel, it was so cheap, quick and yummy! Most menu options were the same as Maccas here in Australia, but there were a few odd ones on the menu too!!!

We would usually have a breakfast combo which included like a muffin, hash brown and coffee and the cost was about $3AUD each .... certainly cant complain about that!!!

This Maccas is open 24 hours and they do home delivery haha!!!!

Favorite Dish: Sausage and egg McMuffin, Hash Brown and Coffee

• calex's Profile Photo

McDonalds.....the food in hong...

by calex Updated Aug 26, 2002

McDonalds.....the food in hong kong is very unappetizing so i spent alot of my meals eating at home or at McDonalds. If you walk the streets of Hong Kong, you will find meat markets with cow heads hanging on hooks right on the street, fish swimming in an inch of their own slime, and skinned ducks hanging by their feet. the streets are so dirty that i couldnt imagine walking into any little restaurant and eating. You can find a few nice restaurants and i did eat in a few places that served good chinese food, but for the most part i ate at home.

Favorite Dish: anything but the green chili cheese burger

• bpwarne's Profile Photo

aka: McCafe

by bpwarne Updated May 6, 2009
    Mc Cappaccino

Sure, I'm going to take some hits on this from the Starbucks/Peets crowd, but in my mind, they are not real espresso afficianados anyway. However, this was one of the absolute best cappuccinos I have had anywhere. Anywhere. Even the presentation was near perfection. Microfoam was nice and tight. Latte art was very good and varied daily. Cap was strong yet smooth with no bite and a very slight chocolate taste. Hand made, executed on a semi automatic machine, NOT a fully automatic. Hand tamping appeared to be in the 25-30lb range.

• Streetfoods: Never leave Hong Kong without trying this one

by erikarage Written Nov 15, 2007

It's very affordable and you can almost see it in every corner of mongkok!!!
    plenty of variety, a stick of siomai or squid balls or a bowl of beef would cost $10hk.
    They also have fruit smoothies stands aroud.

Favorite Dish: Mango sago - absolutely the best
    sausage wrapped with bacon - very delicious

• Bela_LUng's Profile Photo

McDonalds: Beavers in space.

by Bela_LUng Written Jan 21, 2005

DOn't ask me why I was at MacDonalds in Hong Kong (ok, it was right next door to my hotel and I was hungry for breakfast). The egg McMuffin I had for the most part tasted like back home except for the egg. Wow, was that some sort of bizarre egg man. I thought I may get sick off it, but I didn't. That was some fscked up egg though. The next time I ate there I ordered the same thing to see if the eggs were weird or if I just got bad one that day, and sure enough it tasted all weird. Crazy stuff. Hashbrowns tasted normal though! :) SWEET!

Favorite Dish: Sausage McMuffin damn it!

• Mc Donalds: The Worst Mc Donald Stanley Branch

by bethcmgk Updated Oct 26, 2009

I will never ever come back to Mc Donalds in Stanley Hongkong. The staff especially the assigned in the first counter on the left last October 23, 2009 around 1:00pm is the worst.
    How come that they are shouting with their customers if they can't understand english. The best way is to ask some other staff or manager to help him with the order, not to shout on his customer. My approach is polite but when he can't understand me, he knocked on his counter while shouting as if I am the most stupid person on earth.
    In my country, the persons working in the restaurants are so polite and always serve with smile..
    I don't know what is their standard or qualification in hiring their employees/crews. They should choose only those with good manners and right conduct.
    Really unbelievable experience and very very disappointing.
    He should be fired actually.. He is ruining the image of my ever favorite Mc Donald fastfood resto.

Favorite Dish: all products of Mc Do are my favorite

• McDonalds: Cheaper than UK...

by NoFuture Written Aug 16, 2004

Well, I wouldn't come here unless you hate Chinese food and have no money. There is so much better you can have in HK! However, the prices are incredibly cheap compared to the UK and I could not resist buying choco dip ice creams for $5 every time I walked past a Mc Donald's...so you see I was eating ice cream all the time!

Another thing is, Mc Donald's in HK has things that the UK does not have; chocolate dip ice cream, cappucino Mc Flurry, Fanta Mc float and so on...But, the more important difference...In HK there are much nicer toys with the Happy Meals....(Hello Kitty in July 2004!) and they do promotions from time to time where you can buy special edition toys when you spend xx dollars...Like in July 2004, there was the "Sweet Colours of Summer" promotion and you could collect 16 different coloured Hello Kitty toys for an extra $8 each. Ok so they got my money...lots of it...but damn I love my Hello Kitty stuff!!

Favorite Dish: Chocolate dip ice cream, cappucino Mc Flurry...these do not yet exist in the UK. (Are we that behind??) But these have been in HK for at least 1-2 years...

• McDonalds: 2HKD ice cream cone at the Central Park

by graphics1976 Updated Oct 31, 2003
    ice cream

Ice cream cone at the central park..other ice creams also available, and the full mcdonalds is there also near the swimming pool.

Favorite Dish: -