Padang Indonesia Restaurant, Hong Kong

• Padang Indonesia Restaurant
    by Willettsworld
  • Padang Indonesian Restaurant: bad service, dirty kitchen, dirty staff

by HKeveryman Updated Mar 7, 2010

My wife and I had been to Padang a few times before, and each time the food was just okay. This is NOT an authentic Indonesian place, despite what others might write; it is a Chinese-owned and operated restaurant. The real Indo places in Hong Kong are much better and much less expensive.

The service is always bad at Padang, but we have pity on the ignorant and we have never had a terrible time..until today! what a nightmare!!! Possibly the least intelligent server that I have ever met in all of my years, combined with a dirty food expeditor who would touch his nose and hair, then touch a dirty rag used for cleaning tables, and then use that same hand to grab utensils by the eating end...which he then places in the food!!! Gawd! I almost flipped -- the kitchen was filthy - I could see into the kitchen and it looked as if they had not cleaned for days! I have worked in many food and beverage places over the years (while at university) so I am not just guessing when i write this.

The staff declined to help us, pretending not to understand Indonesian or Chinese or English!

We only went in since the other authentic Indo places were packed with customers, and we are very sorry that we did.

We will NEVER return to this joke - and we need not: HK has a wealth of places to enjoy good food at good prices. Padang is a joke.

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Padang Indonesian Restaurant: Great Indonesian food

by Willettsworld Written Oct 7, 2008

had a great chicken curry in here served by tiny Indonesian woman. This was the first time I've had Indonesian food and I was very impressed.

Instant Answers: Hong Kong