Taco Loco, Hong Kong

• Taco Loco
    Outside
  • Taco Loco
    by Goodnyou100
  • taco loco: bad service even for hk. mediocre food.

by jlee1 Written Sep 4, 2011

having lived in hk for 10 years, i still do not understand some of these reviews which say the food is good. the food could be forgiven if not for 1) other mexican places which are... although not great by authentic standards at least better than here 2) service being super bad. i empathize with the reviewer who stated she was berated by the waitstaff. have no idea what's up w/ that.

• Taco Loco: Great Mexican in Hong Kong

by hausomapi Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is a cozy little taco stand in the middle of Hong Kong but, the food is staight out of Mexico. Having lived in Asia for 5 years when I stumbled upon this place in the Soho area of Cenral I ate there 3 times in my 4 day trip. I will go back every time I am in Hong Kong

Favorite Dish: The fresh juices are very refreshing and the Carne Asada tacos are the best I have ever had anywhere.

• El Taco Loco: Worst Service Ever!

by bradowpc Written Sep 30, 2008

I'm not sure if these other reviews are real, because they're sure not talking about the same place I visited last night. By far the rudest, most unprofessional service I have ever encountered in a restaurant. Three of us ordered tacos and a pitcher of margaritas. More than 30 minutes later we had nothing on our table. When we dared asked the waitress to check on our drinks order, she loudly reprimanded us, saying "dey very busy! You wait!" We got our food another 12 to 15 minutes later. Finally, almost an hour after sitting down, our pitcher arrived. We got the check 25 minutes after the first request (we asked three times in total), and when it arrived. The total had been angrily penned out with "10% service" scrawled next to it. Rather than make a scene, we paid and left, vowing never to return. Avoid this place if you can -- HK has at least one other much better Mexican restaurant. These people are horrid!

Favorite Dish: All the soft tacos are decent but not "amazing" as have been described by others here.

• Goodnyou100's Profile Photo

TACO LOCO: GREAT MEXICAN FOOD!

by Goodnyou100 Written Jun 4, 2008

I was just in Hong Kong taking care of my visa. My GF and I started to get very hungry. So we decided to take the long Escalator up the hill. So many places to eat! Then we saw TACO LOCO. We have both lived in San Diego, CA for a long time, and we are accustom to good MEXICAN FOOD. So we decided to give it a shot. The Menu is small and familiar if you know Mexican food. I ordered the Queso Fundido. A mix of melted Mexican white cheese, grilled onions and cilantro. I added grilled chicken for a few extra bucks. It came with 3 corn tortillas. I also got a Margarita on the rocks (NO SALT). My GF had a BBQ soft taco and black beans. I was in heaven! The food is so great and I felt like I was back in San Diego on the beach relaxing! They have a salsa bar so you can add your favorite toppings as well. The bill came to about $10.00 US. Not bad for Hong Kong. But the quality was so good I would have paid double! Try it! You won't be disappointed.

Favorite Dish: QUESO FUNDIDO

Outside

• sunnysarah's Profile Photo

Taco Loco: mexican

by sunnysarah Written Mar 19, 2006

This is a small restauant with maybe 10 tables. It has a prime location right on the escalators. I have eatned here a few times now. It serves up good portions of food from a decent menu. I have had starter of chips and salsa, the taco salad with fish as well as the spicy sauasge taco salad. If you love the sour cream and salsa part of your mexican, I would ask for extra. you don't get very much with your salad. My husband has had the burrito, it is huge! All were tasty. We come here for a quick and tasty basic weeknight meal. There is nothing fancy about this place, but I like it anyways.

• trisanna's Profile Photo

Taco Loco: Simple Mexican Food

by trisanna Written Aug 24, 2005

This small cafe serves simple and casual mexican food. This is the place to go to satisfy your cravings for nachos, tacos, burritos and enchiladas. The dishes are served on disposable plates. Items are pretty reasonably priced for Hong Kong.

Taco Loco, Hong Kong

• txjason's Profile Photo

Taco Loco: dont miss the soft tacos

by txjason Updated Dec 5, 2003

Taco Loco is a small place off of Shelly street in the Mid-Levels, it is an expatriate hangout, when i lived there, my friends and i would travel 45 minutes each way to get there.

Favorite Dish: i liked the beef soft tacos, some of my friends prefered the fish or chicken burritos, its similar to chipotle here in america, but alot better, for you teasips and aggies out there, its even better than freebirds. if you ever find yourself in hong kong, go to taco loco... best mexican food outside of texas... or maybe mexico.
    they also have some decent margaritas...

Taco Loco
    • Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Hong Kong

Comments

Hotels Near Taco Loco
4.5 out of 5 stars