Tai Cheung Bakery, Hong Kong

by chazaqamatz
    piping hot egg tarts
    by Audrey118
  • monaco05's Profile Photo

Tai Cheung Bakery: Yummy Egg Tarts!

by monaco05 Written Apr 27, 2007

Tai Cheung Bakery

This egg tart shop was made famous by the patronage of Chris Patten (the last British governor of HK) - apparently he loved the egg tarts here.

I finally made it here on the last day I was in HK and bought one to try. It cost just HK$3.80 (S$0.75)! Ok, I'll admit it - I was in such a rush to try it that I totally forgot to take a picture...

but take my word for it, it was delicious! The pastry was super flaky and the custard still warm and wobbly - it totally fell apart in the paper bag that it was in. Totally wished I had found this place earlier so that I could have had more!

Another place to add to my list of "must go the next time I'm back in HK" places...

• Lemonita's Profile Photo

Tai Cheung Bakery: Egg tart

by Lemonita Updated Aug 8, 2005

Yummy... Perfect for afternoon tea !

Egg is a traditionnal cantonese desert. One can always eat it during dim sums. It's a tartlet with some kind of egg flan on it. It's delicious, especially when they just come out of the oven and are still warm !!

This bakery is famous for its egg tarts. Even Chris Patten, the last brittish governor of HK likes to go there and eat. Outside of this chinese traditionnal bakery, you will find pictures of Patten as well as newspaper cuts featuring the latter eating an egg tart.

One egg tart at this bakery will cost 3,5 HKD.

This bakery has closed down on end of May 05 because of high rent.

• Audrey118's Profile Photo

Tai Cheung Bakery: EGG TARTS

by Audrey118 Written Jan 14, 2005

piping hot egg tarts

This is a very very old bakery, very close to the world longest escalator. If you are on way to Man Mo Temple, then stop by here. We just had some wanton noodles at Jim Jai Kee, at one end of wellington road, and decided to take a walk around. There is a wet market in this area as well.

we asked the shop when the egg tarts would be ready - they said around 9:30 am. so we walked around and and came back for piping hot egg tarts These are famous egg tarts, the custard is really yummy when hot, but the pastry is the old styled short type, i very much prefer the lightler flakier ones which many high end dim sum shops sell. Nevertheless very yum.

• DirtyRudy's Profile Photo

Tai Cheung Bakery: Delicious Egg Tarts at Tai Cheung Bakery!!

by DirtyRudy Written Jan 6, 2004

Tai Cheung Bakery

This shop is famous for its egg tarts. In fact, I heard that it was this store that made it famous world-wide! If you're around Central, definitely check it out and have one!

Favorite Dish: My favourite is definitely the egg tart. Actually, it's the only thing I had!

Instant Answers: Hong Kong

Comments

Hotels Near Tai Cheung Bakery
4.5 out of 5 stars