Yuen Kee, Hong Kong

You are the one!
    Green in Oyster Sauce

• Yuen Kee: Perfect after a stroll along Victoria Harbor

by darling82 Written Feb 10, 2009

After watching the Symphony of Lights, we walked along the Avenue of the Stars and walked a little more to reach Yuen Kee.

It’s a nice Chinese restaurant. They have an English menu (although, it doesn’t explain much about the items). They also have a waiter that speaks a little English. And they’re not very expensive for the Hong Kong standard at less than HKD30 per dish. I tried their Superior Mixed Beef. I didn’t recognize most of the meat that I stuffed into my mouth that night but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Too bad I didn’t know that they specialized in dessert. I was full and on a tight budget but if I had known, I would have tried some.

Favorite Dish: I've only tried one, the Superior Mixed Beef. But my friend ordered the Duck and it looked promising. Didn't try it though.

• Singles

• yatingchen's Profile Photo

Yuen-Kee Dessert: Don't miss the dessert

by yatingchen Written Jan 4, 2008

Yuan-Kee is famous old dessert restaurant on temple street.

Favorite Dish: Za-Za is Yuan-Kee's mark what you must try. 1 bowl HK$13 only.
    It's stewed sweet mix beans with milk. Its taste is great, natural and just ok sweet.
    My memory is clear that after eating it, I felt fresh and gained energy.

Walnut and sesame sweet soup are also recommended. Each bowl HK$10 only.

Za-Za Yuan-Kee
    • Women's Travel

• bearsister's Profile Photo

Yuen Kee!: Dessert shop

by bearsister Updated Jan 18, 2007

There's not many seats there, maybe you have to wait for about 10-15 minutes, but not more than that because usually people will leave immediately.

Favorite Dish: Famous Chinese desserts: lotus with egg, traditional cake, red bean soup, green bean soup-highly recommend. You can choose either cold or hot, it depends on your favour. The price is from HKD6 to HKD20.

Instant Answers: Hong Kong