Clothes, Hong Kong

Know about this? Rate It!

• koolkatz_76's Profile Photo

Pedder Building: Brand Name Outlets

by koolkatz_76 Written Jun 12, 2005

Pedder Building is a nondescript building in Central that you would probably just rush past without taking a second look. After all, it is easily outshone by its more glamourous, better known counterparts in this Champs Elysees of Hong Kong.

But step inside and you'll find a number of fashion outlets which sell well-known international brands, including a number of Italian labels. Most of the clothes tags are cut out, but the quality of the cut and fabric are unmistakable.

What to pay: Ladies can buy Italian-label suits for prices like HKD 1,200 (~USD 150).

• Business Travel

• arv1's Profile Photo

Giardano: Really cool sports gear!

by arv1 Written Feb 26, 2005

Well this shop was special to me because of the high quality clothes for unbelievably low prices! I mean my goodness! If i was to buy the same items of clothing that i bought in HK in UK, i would have paid four times the price!!

It is a chain store, so it does not have any distinguishing characteristics apart from the one mentioned above!

What to buy: In this shop, i bought a 'dri-fit' t-shirt for a ridiculously low price!! Especially as 'dri-fit' clothing is seen as quite expensive amongst sportspeople

What to pay: I paid £3 for the dri-fit t-shirt...as opposed to £15 in England!

• Women's Travel

• poetjo's Profile Photo

Clothes: Great Clothes

by poetjo Written Feb 16, 2005

I came across a few of the Bossini shops which were very helpful, high energy and fun.

The clothes were smart, hip and at unbelievably great prices. I bought a top there which I hadn't expected but I could not resist.

They're a few of them in Tsimshatsui one on Nathan Road, on a side street and one I believe seeing on Canton Road.

What to pay: Less than average.

• Business Travel

• Nemoa's Profile Photo

Clothes: Good quality at bargain price in HK

by Nemoa Written Feb 6, 2005

Local chains sell nice clothes at v. cheap prices compared to Uk or USA.

My favourite ones are Babila for Clothes and shoes and Giorgio for T-shirs and jeans as cheap as 3.00 GBP.

You can't go wrong at this prices !

Super good quality too.

What to buy: Handbags and clothes.
    The handbags at Babila are specially good. They are very stylish and very european.

I got myself one and everyone asks me where I got it and where they can get one like it! A super succes for the equivalent of 12 GBP.

What to pay: Around 100 HK dollar for a nice handbag in lambskin or leather.
    Same for a pair of shoes but normally they have discounts so you could pay your shoes half price when you buy a handbag.

• Women's Travel

• DirtyRudy's Profile Photo

Clothes: Shanghai Tang

by DirtyRudy Written Jan 6, 2004

Kikiree models Shanghai Tang

Shanghai Tang brings the East to the West by combining traditional chinese style with a modern twist. There are three stores located in Hong Kong for your convience. One in Central, another in the Peninsula Hotel, and one more in the Hong Kong International Airport.

What to buy: Kikiree models her new outfit in Hong Kong's MTR.

Leather Jacket: $350 USD
    Women's Bag: $100 USD

What to pay: Like other brand-named stores, expect to burn a couple holes in your wallet.

• backpackerbaby's Profile Photo

Clothes: Shopping in a local way!~

by backpackerbaby Written Nov 21, 2003

People mountain people sea... mostly locals!

Unlike the Ladies Market, the street market on Fa Yuen Street (between Mong Kok Road and Prince Edward Road West) is not that well-known with tourists. However, the extremely reasonable prices of the goods attract many locals every day.

Most stalls/shops sell clothes here, there are also some shops selling 'export clothes' (--> with larger sizes!). Nonetheless, the prices are really really good.

There are also some stalls selling lovely fresh fruit at the end near Prince Edward Road West. Don't hesistate to try some!

• Wan Chai

by rkt Written May 28, 2003

residential, good regular clothes shopping

What to buy: Brand stores and type of clothing:
    G2000: casual to business attire for Men & Women - Dark color tendency for ladies, Lighter color for guys
    U2, Bossini: casual attire for Men & Women - bright/pastel colors (p.s. great place to get tank tops for women)
    Gordiano: very casual attire for Men & Women
    Bess, Apple: Trendy, expensive clothing for Women (expensive trendy for women)

• Central

by rkt Written May 28, 2003

Good small boutiques, side street good for business clothes, Mainland department stores.

What to buy: Brand stores and type of clothing:
    Gordiano: very casual attire for Men & Women

• Pat&ZoAnn's Profile Photo

Shopping in Hong Kong

by Pat&ZoAnn Updated Mar 4, 2003

Zo Ann being fitted for her dress

Our travel agent put us in touch with a taylor in Hong Kong. We were a little intimidated at first, she sent flowers to our room, and offered to send a car to pick us up. I don't remember the name of the woman that owned the shop, but she was quite busy, and handed us off to one of her underlings.

What to buy: The fitting went very well. But, the price, as we feared, was out of our range. After going to a department store and seeing what was available "off-the-rack", we went back to our hotel and agonized over it for a time. We realized we came here with this specific purpose, so we went back to the shop to see what kind of a deal we could swing.

What to pay: I don't know how much something like this is worth, but the taylor met our price, around $300.00 Canadian, I think. We had it sent by boat, as we were not a hurry to get it.

• acemj's Profile Photo

Tailor made: Shop 'til you drop

by acemj Written Oct 19, 2002

Hong Kong is a shopper's paradise. You can find incredible markets packed with foods I'm sure you've never seen. Try Stanley Market for some interesting foods and many other items.

What to buy: A great bargain in Hong Kong is tailor made clothing. You pick the fabric, the tailor takes your measurements and in an hour or two, you come back to find a perfectly fitted suit or other clothing item. The prices will be tough to beat. Expect to pay the same or slightly less than you would pay for an off-the-rack item in a large clothing store in the States.

• syllybabe's Profile Photo

Shanghai Tang: Chinese Cheongsam

by syllybabe Written Sep 30, 2002

Shanghai Tang's collection of beautiful pure silk cheongsams will leave you drooling...and hoping you have tons of cash to blow.

What to buy: Pure silk oriental style clothing

What to pay: $200-800US for an exquisite piece of silk in gorgeous colors. It is pricey, I know but the feel of the fabric and the classic lines are hard to resist.

• kylian74's Profile Photo

Shopping in Hong Kong

by kylian74 Updated Sep 2, 2002

night market, HongKong

Bargain, sales, discounted shopping attracts peoples and tourist in Hong Kong, it is a shopping paradise for shoppers...do your best for your budget!

What to buy: In Hong Kong, most people shops for clothes, bag, shoes and accessories, the price are so reasonable..

• divecat1978's Profile Photo

Queue to shop???

by divecat1978 Written Apr 3, 2008
    Queue

When I was walking down the street to eat my breakfast, I saw a row of people queue up to enter this shop.... I wonder why.

• kinjalnz15's Profile Photo

Clothes: GIORDANO

by kinjalnz15 Written Nov 2, 2006

GIORDANO has everything in both man and women clothes.

What to buy: Latest jeans and new business shirts and pants

• silvia_chang's Profile Photo

Times Square

by silvia_chang Written Apr 5, 2005

Times Square

Total 13 floors, including cosmetics, electronic products, garments...; 10 to 13 floors are restaurants. Enjoy yourself...

Instant Answers: Hong Kong