Ladies Market, Hong Kong

Know about this? Rate It!

• HebaM's Profile Photo

Ladies Market: A total rip off

by HebaM Updated Feb 7, 2014

Crowded Mongkok

That market is way overrated, nothing special whatsoever!

I've been roped there, I bought a scarf costs $50 HK and I gave the vendors $100 expecting a $50 back and after I left the market I found that she gave me Macau money instead! I was shocked and mad, mostly of myself for not paying attention but still I didn't expect something like that, in Hong Kong they don't accept Macau money so I had to change it in a low rate.

Never again and not to mention that I hated Mongkok area, very crowded and not interested at all...I was glad when I left.

I never had that kind of experience at Temple night market.

I found better and cheaper souvenirs shops at the Central with reasonable prices also at Nathan Street.

• Ladies Market: Avoid Shopping at Ladies Market Mong Kok

by Ask.Pranav Written Feb 13, 2010

This market reminded me of Fashion Street in Mumbai where you can get good stuff for amazing discounts. You can reach the Ladies Market by MTR. This is at the Mong Kok station on the Tsuen Wan line. When you get off at the Mong Kok station then the Ladies Market is 2 blocks away. This market is also a stop on the Hop-On Hop-Off Big Bus Tour of Hong Kong.

Things you can get at good bargains in the market are souvenir T-Shirts and other cheap apparel, necklaces, bracelets, trinkets, purses and bags. All the items in the shops have a price tag on them however you can negotiate to 50% of that price and to even lower if you are buying in bulk. However, I would sincerely advise that you just take a look at every shop and start talking to the shopkeeper only if you have a genuine interest to buy, else things can get very ugly.

For the complete review you can visit my travel blog on

• dd99's Profile Photo

Ladies Market: Ladies Market

by dd99 Updated Jan 17, 2009

Most popular items seem to be knock-off bags and watches. Diesel bag for 70 HKD, offer price for a knockoff Tag Heuer 220 HKD (1st offer). Other than that, clothes, souvenirs, DVDs, etc.

I did not know going prices before coming - felt at a disadvantage....

The stallowners were generally quite friendly.

• walterwu's Profile Photo

Ladies Market: Repeats

by walterwu Updated Jun 8, 2008

Ladies Market

Ladies Market is truly indeed a ladies market with exception of occasional items like souvenirs, electronic accessories, gifts items. Quality of goods sold aren't very good.

The stores along Ladies Market sells almost the same thing over and over again. Repeats of what you, probably, purchased from an earlier store can be found everywhere.

Remember to bargain. For the brave hearts, try 50% off the asking price and 30% off should be the minimum. You can, always, proceed to the next few stalls and raise offer if deal is not successful.

The stalls are open from 12 noon to 12 mid-night but most stalls are close by 11:00pm

Behind each stall are proper shophouses that housed shophouse restaurants, mainly, with food of all nationalities.

What to pay: 30% to 50% off asking price

• muhdhazwan's Profile Photo

Ladies Market: Not-Really-For-Ladies Market

by muhdhazwan Written Aug 18, 2008

The Ladies market is very similar to the Temple Street market, in fact I think it has more stalls, although items sold are the same. The crowd here is much larger and so it would feel much livelier here. I didn't buy much stuff here, but I think the atmosphere is great for a night walk

What to buy: The usual Hong Kong merchandises, copy watches, bags. There are quite a lot of sports shop around the area and they have a wide range of shoes, but I think it is still more expensive than in Singapore.

What to pay: Most stuff tend to be sold in bulk around HK$100. Bring cash definitely

• santeria01's Profile Photo

Ladies Market: items perfect to give as gifts

by santeria01 Updated Sep 7, 2008

One of the Firm's partners at the Ladies' Market

You can buy almost everything here except for the food. I went here to shop for things that I could bring home as gifts. I was able to buy those "I Love HK" T-shirts. Shopping is exhilirating and will give you most satisfaction coz you can haggle everything! hehehe. We were able to get 5 shirts for a hundred hong kong dollars instead of 4 shirts.

One useful tip: Ask for the price, and then act like it's too much and walk away. The vendor will run after you and will give you the price you want. One time I asked for this bag, the seller says its $180hkd, I haggled for a hundred, but she said only $150, so I walked away, then she followed me and was giving the bag for 120! and when I said no, she was giving it for a hundred! But am no longer interested with the item, but the seller gave it at $80!

What to buy: "I Love HK" shirts, pyjamas, cute tops, no Beijing Olympic shirts here though. Amazingly the government was able to control imitation merchandise for the Beijing Olympics. I bought my olympic merchandise at the official outlet in the Cultural Center near the harbour.

• yatingchen's Profile Photo

Ladies Market: Shopping in Mong-Kok

by yatingchen Written Jan 4, 2008

Mong-Kok is hot shopping area for young people. It gathers fahsion stuffs with reasonable pricing. There has various shopping streets, not only women street, but also for electronics.

For Taiwanese Mong-Kok is like another Hsin-Men-Ding (little Tokyo in Taipei city).
    A shopping paradise for teenagers.

What to buy: Hong Kong souveniour, clothing etc.

What to pay: cheap

• Business Travel
    • Work Abroad

• leigh767's Profile Photo

Ladies Market: Price slash!!

by leigh767 Updated Aug 16, 2009

The makeshift stalls lining the long street has some fantastic bargains. HOWEVER, bargaining is a must since the shopkeepers quote an exhorbitant price. If something is sold at HKD 150 you can get it down to HKD 80, and in some cases even less! As a rule, walk away if you feel that you're being conned. Sometimes, the hawkers will come running after you, agreeing to your price!

What to pay: The starting price is generally twice the price they are actually willing to sell at-- particularly so if they see you are a westerner. If you look Asian, they usually quote a price that's closer to the actual selling price.

• vpbebe's Profile Photo

Ladies Market: Hey Missy Missy!

by vpbebe Written Dec 6, 2006

A ladies paradise

Miles of market stalls - the name says it all! Ladies Market it really is!

What to buy: Purses, watches, sunglasses, handbags etc everything and anything, u'll find it!

What to pay: Very little, be sure to haggle for at least half price

• UKDaisy's Profile Photo

Ladies Market: Haggle, haggle, haggle!

by UKDaisy Updated Jan 17, 2007

This is THE place to go to if you love shopping at markets! There are all sorts of things available here - clothes, stationery, souvenirs, bags, wallets, hair accessories, watches, jewellery - it's a shopper's paradise! But remember, don't buy anything at the asking price, don't be shy to haggle, and you'll come away with some great bargains!

TIP: One thing I tend to do if I like something but want to pay less is to pick up the item, ask for the price, frown a little at the item, and then haggle, at the last moment you place it down slowly (giving them a chance to lower the price). I walk away if I truly don't like it, but if I do like the price, I then say I will think about it and then look around the rest of the stall. I will always have the option to take up the offer later and it gives them the chance to make a last ditch attempt in tempting me by with another lower price.

TIP: the walkway through the market is very narrow, so be aware of pickpockets.

• School Holidays

• Nichola1's Profile Photo

Ladies Market: Be careful when you go!

by Nichola1 Written Jun 24, 2005

I had researched where to go since I didn't have much time in HK. Initally I went to Ladies Market on a Sunday. HEAPS of Louis Vuitton but most of them were very bad fakes. I didn't end up buying anything, but because one of my friends wanted a wallet I went back on a Wednesday and ALL THE LV STALLS HAD BECOME SHOE STALLS!!!!!! This was very, very weird. I would make sure you have a couple of days set aside to go if there are specific things you are after. Mostly they had LV, Gucci, Chanel, shoes, some leather bags and other random market stuff.

What to pay: You should be able to get an ok bag for around $HK1-200

• tierneyli's Profile Photo

Granville Rd.: Cosmetics Street

by tierneyli Written Mar 10, 2005

You can find most of the famous cosmetics shops of Hong Kong on this street, such SaSa, Bonjour, Body Shop, and the Dragon pharmacy etc.

What to buy: skin care, body care, cosmetics

What to pay: credit card, but only cash in the Dragon pharmacy

• DirtyRudy's Profile Photo

Ladies Market: They Don't Sell Ladies

by DirtyRudy Updated Jan 5, 2004

All the Ladies were sold out!!

When I first heard of this place, I thought it sounded pretty shady. But, Ladies Market is simply a market in Mong Kok, Kowloon, where they sell just about anything/everything... well almost.

I hear in the early morning, they sell fruits and in the afternoon and evening, clothes and other miscellaneous items are sold.

Try not to get their in the late morning, because I think that's when the transition from fruit to clothes market takes place.

What to pay: From cheap to expensive... just remember to haggle.

• TexasDave's Profile Photo

Ladies Market: Shopping Frenzy

by TexasDave Written Aug 15, 2006

In this area the stores pour out onto the street and it becomes one large bazaar. To me it was somewhat disappointing because it seemed that the same items were being sold at many of the kiosks, there wasn't a lot of variety. Still, worth a look around for true shopaholics.

• Hui-Hui's Profile Photo

Ladies Market: Ladies Market

by Hui-Hui Written Oct 8, 2007
    Ladies market in HK

There are booths of Hong Kong-tour souvenirs, Chinese costumes, bags (a lot of pirate bags of "I'm not a plastic bags" and "Mao Tse Dong's protrait") and cheap electronic devices from China.

What to buy: Not here