Airplane, Hong Kong

Know about this? Rate It!

plane
    counter
    plane
  • herzog63's Profile Photo

HKG - TPI - Seoul - Anch - Ny Return Part 1

by herzog63 Updated Jun 16, 2004

I had originally bought a one way ticket from Anchorage Alaska to Manila US$500. This was a very tough to do..I had to show proof of finances etc.... they sure looked at me strange when I went to the travel agency wanting to buy a one-way ticket to the Philippines....."Are you skipping out of the country"? hahaha....Well then from Manila I bought another one-way ticket to Hong Kong US$130...I did this whole 7 month trip without really planning anything so that's why these one-way tickets were purchased. (So for you people that like making plans you can save youself some money) While in Hong Kong I went to a student travel agency that I had heard about through another traveler. I priced tickets going to all kinds of places....I ended up purchasing a Hong Kong - Taipei - Seoul - Anchorage - New York - Anchorage - Seoul - Taipei - Hong Kong ticket for US$774. I was so happy as I could fly back to Alaska and spend the summer there then in the fall fly to Maine and visit my family without having to purchase another ticket. Well, that fell to pieces as it was announced after I got on the plane that the plane would not be stopping in Anchorage as planned it was flying all the way to New York!!! It sure was strange for me to hear that!! I was the only one that wanted to get off the plane in Anchorage!! haha To this day I don't know how that happened!! Even the Departure board stated that the flight went to Anchorage!!
    To be continued.............

• stonefree's Profile Photo

Hong Kong International Airport

by stonefree Updated Oct 18, 2004

Post Kai Tak Airport, this is well established with a clean, modern, rational institution in a site that is wide open but a bit too far from the centre of the town.

You don't have to be worry about anything, what that you would have to in the era of Kai Tak, but about money. There are shops everywhere in here.

HKAirport

• coolpanda87's Profile Photo

Airport Gates

by coolpanda87 Updated Apr 4, 2011

Here is a picture of the airport gates at Hong Kong International Airport.

Hong Kong's home airline is Cathay Pacific, one of the most respected & high quality companies in the industry. I always ride Cathy Pacific when I travel to Hong Kong, for no other airline can beat its customer service & comfort. Another airline I would recommend is Singapore Airlines, for their service is excellent & their planes are very new!

With over 80 gates, it does take a long time to reach some of them, especially the ones with high numbers. Therefore, it is best to take the Automated People Mover ( a driverless underground train) to reach your desired gate.

Airport Gates at HK International Airport

• ZiOOlek's Profile Photo

Hong Kong Internationl Airport

by ZiOOlek Updated Feb 19, 2007

Hong Kong Airport is the best I have ever been! It is even a pleasure to sit and relax on very comfortable chairs. Clouds in Hong Kong are unique and you can watch them from these seats! There are some computers in shops or just in halls and you can use Internet for free there.

inside

• CandS's Profile Photo

Aeroplane...

by CandS Updated Oct 18, 2003

We took a plane across to Hong Kong...for us I think it's the best way... But if you're coming from Macau then I would suggest taking the Jet Cats...a great way to travel...

The Hong Kong Airport is very modern and user friendly... Once you get to the airport you'll need to catch the train into the arrivals section...

There is also a train from the airport into the city called Airport Express. It is the fastest link between the airport and the city.

The Hong Kong Airport train...

• bpacker's Profile Photo

Hong Kong to Siem Reap

by bpacker Updated Aug 15, 2007

I know this tip sounds kinda odd but someone asked me how to fly direct from HK to Siem Reap, the home of Angkor Wat, so here it is:

There's no luxury 'budget' flight ( Silkair) here to Cambodia so take Siem Reap Airways. Yes, it's the silly looking plane you see in the photo. Even though Cambodia is a land-locked country, pretty fish and coral decorate the plane.

There's four weekly scheduled flights connecting Hong Kong and Siem Reap - Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.

HK->SR
    5:15pm

SR->HK
    10:00am

Return flights from Siem Reap will fly via Phnom Penh so it takes a little longer. You can book your air tickets from the nifty little site below.

SR Airways, Cambodia

• herzog63's Profile Photo

HKG - TPI - Seoul - Anch - Ny Return Part 2

by herzog63 Written Jun 16, 2004

So here I am flying all the way to New York with just a few dollars to my name!! When I arrived I tried booking my flight straight back to Anchorage but there wasn't another flight until the next day. I had to come up with a game plan. I remembered that my cousin's cousin lived in New York City. So just by chance I looked in the Huge phone book not know what burrough she lived in and I found her name. I called the number and it was her!! WoW!! I told her my predicament and she gave me instructions of how to take the train and bus and walk to get to her place and after a couple of hours I made it from the airport to her apartment!! She lent me $100 (which I paid back right after I returned to Alaska) so I could have some spending money and eat. I got some good sleep and wandered around the neighborhood near her apartment the next day. She had to work that day so I just relaxed and Thanked her and made my way back to the Airport for my flight back to Anchorage. What a weird couple of days that ended up being. I used up my ticket for the Anchorage-New York so I wouldn't be able to return in the fall for free. But I did get to use the return part of my ticket to get back to the Philippines in the fall.
    It was on Korean Airlines. When I had my stopover in Seoul I approached the reservations desk to ask if it was possible to change my ticket and fly directly to Manila instead of Hong Kong then on to Manila. I was so lucky...the guy came back a short time later with a brand new ticket for me...No Charge!! I could fly directly on to Manila!! Sure save me a lot of time and money. Ever since then I have been a big believer in Korean Airlines. I have always been treated quite well by them.

• blawatek's Profile Photo

OasisHongKong

by blawatek Updated Apr 4, 2011

OasisHongKong provides daily non-stop flights connecting HKG with London Gatwick and with Vancouver. High standard service on the board of their Boening 747 for a reasonable price makes this airline worth recommendation.

on the Boeing's 747 board Landing on the HongKong Airport

• shavy's Profile Photo

Cathay Pacific

by shavy Updated Nov 1, 2014

Flying with Cathay is for us not direct flight from Brussels. We have to fly via London or Amsterdam which sometimes the connection flights are not really good long layover

They have sometimes a promotion fare which has connection flights to Cebu Mactan Airport where I intend to fly. Their main stop are always in Hong Kong, and change to a small aircraft from Hong kong to Cebu.

I'd like flying with this airplane. But we need to get through London before we hit our destination. Is been quite awhile since my last fly with them

The airline has good service aboard, you will receive an eco-friendly travel case with socks, a sleep mask, earplugs, a toothbrush and toothpaste.

In addition to food and drinks they also offer a welcome drink and a hot towel, a selection of entrees, a bottle of water and a wide range of snacks

On board entertainment which has variety choice of movies. For kids are plenty choice of games. Children receive a special attention of air staff

Since, I fly with them I never had encountered of delay, always depart on time. It is a good airline where you find all the comfort, very friendly staff and helpful

Hong kong airport

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Qantas to Hong Kong

by cjg1 Updated Mar 14, 2012

Qantas operates an international configured Airbus 330-300 from Perth into Hong Kong. This was our chosen method in to town.

Qantas business class is ok. Although they are upgrading several of the 747s, the A330s still use the angled seats. These are far less than ideal for sleeping although still better than flying overnight in the back of the bus.

Service onboard is better than most people will have you think. They served multiple meals even though it was a short 6.5 hour flight. They also brought around amenity kits and PJs for us. Unfortunately although no fault of the airline it was a very bumpy ride so sleep was not much of an option.

They screens for the Q IFE are about 10” and in the seat back in front of you. Q is a decent enough on demand IFE system with I would guess about 70-100 movies plus tv shows. Of course they also include my favorite airborne app, in flight map.

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Cathay Pacific to New York (JFK)

by cjg1 Updated Mar 14, 2012

Our last leg of my 2012 birthday trip was on Cathay Pacific in their new Cirrus business class seats on the 777-300ER. This was my first experience on CX other than in economy so I can not compare to the old Herringbone style seats.

CX fly four round trips to New York’s JFK every day. One of those four options makes a stop in Vancouver. As such, when it comes to easy frequent travel to the area they are a great option. The flight takes about 14.5 hours eastbound and about 16 hours westbound.

Cathay is well known for their excellent non intrusive service. They will not come around and constantly ask if you need anything. You are expected to ring your call bell or go find them if you want something. This is actually very nice once you get used to it. At the beginning of the flight you’re given an amenity kit that contains plane socks, toothbrush and some creams and such as well as a sleep mask. Sadly in business class on Cathay you do not get PJs. Those are reserved for those traveling in first.

You will get two meals on the trip and also a snack in between. These are full meals and come in courses, something that takes a little getting used to on a plane. Food is the one thing most people will say CX lacks on. What I had was ok to good and certainly did the job. I am not a drinker when it comes to being on a plane, so I have missed out on a lot of better options. I just hate to be in a controlled environment and then working to lose control.

The IFE system, called Studio CX is actually one of the better ones I’ve experienced in the air. I still would say Emirates has a better one and I’ve only used their in economy, but this one was nice. Approximately 500+ movies to choose from and I only watched one the whole way home. Most of the flight I had the screen either off as we went through night or on the map. The geek in me just loves flights with an in flight map.

The seat itself was nice enough and fully flat. I do wish I could have gotten a second pillow, but I did not think to ask at the time. I know now they have them for first class passengers so it might have been worth the question. To me though, the seat is a bit narrow. Just like their crowded economy seats. Next time I will definitely look for first availability as those seats are a full 8 or so inches wider. Still better than sitting in the back all night and day of course, but definitely had room for improvement. Liz was much happier with hers though.

F seats on CX 777 Me in the J Mini cabin Liz settling in PDB.  Champagne of course The 15.4

• Marpessa's Profile Photo

Cathay Pacific

by Marpessa Written Sep 19, 2007

To get to Hong Kong (and afterwards to London - so all up about 24 hrs of flying) my friends and I flew with Cathay Pacific.

I have previously flown long distances with Singapore and Malaysia. I prefer Singapore airlines, but I found Cathay Pacific a really good airline to travel with as well. The seating in economy was really good (very important to me that they don't try to squeeze in too many seats), the seating was: 2-aisle-4-aisle-2.

Service on the flight was really good. Although we left Melbourne at 7.40am and got into Hong Kong at 3pm and there was a time period of about 4 hrs where no food was served, and if I hadn't brought some snacks with me I would have been quite hungry (drinks were brought around regularly). The food available on the plane was very good though and had a nice variety. Special diets are catered for, but you have to arrange that in advance with the airline or your travel agent.

The entertainment on the flight was great. My friends and I had fun challenging each other at the trivia game (anyone on the flight can join in). The music selection catered to all genres and a lot of regions of the world. The film/TV/documentaries available was also enjoyable, for adults, teenagers and kids alike. And also one of my favourite channels to check out is the one where it shows you where you are flying over and how long until your destination. :)

Oh! Also, if you can manage it, try to get a window seat. The view you see as you come in over Hong Kong is unbelievable - one that shouldn't be missed!

So if you are travelling to Hong Kong, I would recommend flying with Cathay Pacific. More information can be found on their website below.

Onboard Cathay Pacific Taking off from Hong Kong Flying over Hong Kong
    • Study Abroad

• ZENDER's Profile Photo

Fly to Hong Kong by Cathay Pacific..

by ZENDER Written Mar 12, 2006

It is always nice to fly into Hong Kong by its own national carrier, Cathay Pacific. Long a rival of Singapore Airlines, it was a pleasure to finally being able to taste and see how good the carrier to Hong Kong is...

A Great Way to Start Our Hong Kong Vacation!

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

Cebu Pacific

by machomikemd Written Sep 27, 2014

Cebu Pacific Air is the No. 1 Low Budget Carrier in the Philippines (in domestic travel but in international travel, Philippine Airlines is still the Number 1 and i still prefer Philippine Airlines, but I had to try their Manila-Hong Kong Service a try). The airline is a wholly-owned subsidiary of JG Summit Holdings, controlled by the Gokongwei family, one of the richest Filipino-Chinese families based in the Philippines. Cebu Pacific is currently headed by Lance Gokongwei, it's CEO. Cebu Pacific has the largest domestic destinations and is fiercely in competition with other los cost carriers like Sea Air, Air Philippines, Zest Air and the Legacy Airline Philippine Airlines. It operates like a no frills airline where even the potable water inside the aircrafts are for sale.

They have 5 daily flight to and from Manila and Once Daily Flights from Cebu City to Hong Kong using Airbus A 320's with all economy seats.

their Hong Kong Office is:

Room 407, 4rth floor, Mirror Tower, 61 Mody Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong

Tel: (852) 2722-0609
    fax: (852) 2722-1993

plane inside the plane chep lap kok counter plane

• xuessium's Profile Photo

From Singapore to Hong Kong

by xuessium Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is one of the busiest sector. Quite a number of airlines fly direct from Singapore to Hong Kong.

The full service airlines:
    Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific, China Airlines (of Taiwan), United & Garuda Indonesia.

Budget Airlines:
    Jetstar Asia

The journey takes 3 hours.

SingaporeAirlines