Anjuna Transportation

• Liatris1's Profile Photo

Ride an Enfield

by Liatris1 Updated Aug 13, 2011
    Enfield 500

Enfield is a legendary indian motorbike.

This is the Enfield 500 that we´re renting while in Goa.

The Enfield is at first a somewhat unnerving experience, with the gears on the right side (1. gear on top) and the brake on the left. But, as is the case with so many other things in india - after the initial shock, slowly, slowly, you get used to it.

The photo is taken between Chapora and Siolim, in front of the Chapora River, in Goa

• Motorcycle

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

From Arambol to Anjuna and Vagator and back

by MalenaN Written Oct 4, 2010

The bus I arrived with

From Arambol to Anjuna and Vagator and back
    One day I visited Anjuna and Vagator from Arambol. There are no direct buses so you must first go to Mapusa (pronounced Mapsa) and change buses there. I walked up to the main road in Arambol and waited for a bus. I didn’t have to wait long before it came. The bus ride to Mapusa took 45 minutes and it was Rs 12 June 2010).

In Mapusa the bus stopped at the Kadamba Bus Stand from which the buses to Anjuna also are leaving. And once again I didn’t have to wait long before the bus left. From Mapusa to Anjuna it took 20 minutes and the fare was Rs 9. In Anjuna the bus stopped at the bus stop near the beach. Not all buses stop there as the ones continuing to Chapora and Vagator turn north at Starco - the main crossroads.

When I later went on to Chapora/Vagator I took the bus from Starco. The rain was pouring down and I stood waiting under a roof outside a café. For this bus I waited quite long, maybe 20 minutes. The bus stopped in the village Chapora and to go there it was Rs 5. From the bus stop it was not very far to walk up to Chapora Fort.

After visiting Chapora and Vagator I asked for the bus back to Mapusa. It was leaving some blocks away from the beach and there I waited by a pastry shop where I bought some cookies while waiting. To Mapusa it took 30 minutes and it was Rs 10.

I changed buses in Mapusa and continued to Arambol. The journey was much longer than in the morning and took more than an hour, but the price was the same, Rs 12.

• traceyspacey's Profile Photo

Need the nearest ATM

by traceyspacey Written Jul 23, 2008

Despite what you may have heard, the nearest ATM is in Mapusa not Baga. You can get a bus from Anjuna to Mapusa for 7 Rupees (this was correct at the end of last year). There are 2 or 3 ATM's at Mapusa. Catch the bus from just outside Starco's.

• Beaches

• traceyspacey's Profile Photo

Budget flight and Taxi

by traceyspacey Written Nov 20, 2007

We flew into Dabolim airport from Bangalore with Spice Jet. Spicve Jet flights can be booked with a credit card. The flight cost 4200R for 2 people.

We then took a pre paid taxi to Anjuna for 750R. The pre paid taxi stand is outside of the airport. Also the exchange counter at Dabolim airport offered a better exchange rate than the one at Bangalore airport.

Instant Answers: Anjuna

Comments

Anjuna Transportation

Reviews and photos of Anjuna transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Anjuna sightseeing.