Arambol Transportation

• lotharscheer's Profile Photo

Getting there

by lotharscheer Written Dec 10, 2013
    Arambol

If you go there by bus most long distance buses will stop in Mapusa (Mapsa), but buses from the south might be only going until Panjim. From Panjim very frequent buses to Mapusa, 30 minutes, 14 Rupies, from Mapusa frequent buses to Anjuna, 25 Rupies can take up to 1.5 hours and can be very full.
    If you come by train closest station is Pernem, there are buses from there. If you come from the south or southeast the last station might be Margao, from there bus to Panjim, 1 hour and 30 Rupies, then to Mapusa and Arambol.

• Beaches
    • Trains

• Arambol Taxi / Tourist Bus

by ameyahr Written Oct 24, 2011

So guys, this is for those who are going to visit Arambol.
    If you need a cab this guy called Pravin who runs taxis seemed like a nice chap. He asked me if I can let fellow travelers know of his services. So here are the details . . Mr. Nice. ph. 9822139895. He has cabs and also a minibus.
    If you are coming from train Pernem station is the closest. Get out of the station and you find cabs waiting for you outside. Generally you'll find someone to share a cab with. So wait for fellow backpackers. Cab takes around Rs.350-450 to Arambol beach depending on which cab it is. so for 4 people you end up paying 80-90 Rs. per person.
    You can stay at beach huts Delwin's ark .. call this guy lawrence coelho on 9823177338 or 9765507808

• Arambol Taxi / Tourist Bus

by ameyahr Written Oct 24, 2011

Hi guys, this is for those who are going to visit Arambol.

• Trains

From Arambol to Anjuna and Vagator and back

by MalenaN Written Oct 4, 2010

The beach in Arambol

One day I visited Anjuna and Vagator from Arambol. There are no direct buses so you must first go to Mapusa (pronounced Mapsa) and change buses there. I walked up to the main road in Arambol and waited for a bus. I didn’t have to wait long before it came. The bus ride to Mapusa took 45 minutes and it was Rs 12 June 2010).

In Mapusa the bus stopped at the Kadamba Bus Stand from which the buses to Anjuna also are leaving. And once again I didn’t have to wait long before the bus left. From Mapusa to Anjuna it took 20 minutes and the fare was Rs 9. In Anjuna the bus stopped at the bus stop near the beach. Not all buses stop there as the ones continuing to Chapora and Vagator turn north at Starco - the main crossroads.

When I later went on to Chapora/Vagator I took the bus from Starco. The rain was pouring down and I stood waiting under a roof outside a café. For this bus I waited quite long, maybe 20 minutes. The bus stopped in the village Chapora and to go there it was Rs 5. From the bus stop it was not very far to walk up to Chapora Fort.

After visiting Chapora and Vagator I asked for the bus back to Mapusa. It was leaving some blocks away from the beach and there I waited by a pastry shop where I bought some cookies while waiting. To Mapusa it took 30 minutes and it was Rs 10.

I changed buses in Mapusa and continued to Arambol. The journey was much longer than in the morning and took more than an hour, but the price was the same, Rs 12.

Taxi from Arambol to Candolim

by MalenaN Updated Oct 2, 2010

Raining

I was ready to walk up to the road to take the bus, but the rain poured down heavily and it didn’t seem to stop. I asked at the hotel how much a taxi to Candolim would cost and they made a telephone call to ask. I can’t remember what the driver said, but comparing with what I had paid from the airport to Arambol it was too much. I said I could pay Rs 500 but he didn’t accept it. So from the hotel they called someone else and he accepted Rs 500 right away (June 2010). I didn’t have to wait long before the taxi arrived.

In Candolim I wanted to go to Dona Florina (which turned out to be closed). The taxi driver asked for direction and then turned off the main road. He stopped by a footpath where I had to continue by foot to Dona Florina, but only for 5 minutes.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Prepaid taxi to Arambol from the airport

by MalenaN Updated Aug 29, 2010

In Arambol

As in other airports and many stations in India there are prepaid taxis from the airport in Goa. There are fixed prices for different locations and you pay at the counter and nothing more to the driver.
    Arriving at the airport I asked at the tourist information if the desk I saw (it said you could rent cars and taxis) was where I could get a prepaid taxi. They said there was another counter outside which was cheaper, so that's where I went.
    A prepaid taxi to Arambol was 980 rupees (June 2010) and I think it took around 1 hour and 20 minutes. In Arambol the taxi driver dropped me just outside the hotel I was going to.

• gonzo747's Profile Photo

How to get to Arambol?

by gonzo747 Updated Mar 16, 2007

To get to Arambol you'll have to take a bus from Mapusa; The fare is 12 roepies.
    The bus can get quite packed. Definately when school finishes (then it gets pretty ridiculous).
    All part of the experience

Instant Answers: Arambol

Comments

Arambol Transportation

Reviews and photos of Arambol transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Arambol sightseeing.