Baga Transportation

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

To Baga from Hampi

by MalenaN Updated Apr 4, 2011

Indian wine from Sula Vineyards

Already when I arrived to Hospet I bought a train ticket back to Goa. I got a ticket for Rs 170 (June 2010) in the SL class. According to the timetable the train was supposed to leave at 6.30 and arrive in Margao at 13.54.

In the morning of the departure I took an auto rickshaw from Hampi to Hospet. I booked it through the hotel and it picked me up at 5.30 in the morning. It was Rs 200 and it took 30 minutes to the railway station in Hospet. The train arrived half an hour late in Hospet, and during this time I had breakfast and also tried to find out where my coach S10 was going to stop. The trains only stop for a short while so it is important to be in the right place on the platform. When the train arrived I saw S9 and thought S10 would be the next coach, but it stood S11 on it. Where was S10? I asked someone working at the station and he pointed in the other direction. Unfortunately it was the wrong direction and before I found the right coach the train started to move. I hopped on the nearest coach, a third class coach with many people standing. I stood near the open entrance so that I could change wagon quickly when the train stopped next time.

In the right coach I was sitting next to some friends on their first trip to Goa. I ordered lunch, but when it came it was not as good as on the journey from Goa. There was no chapati, less rice and the lassi did not taste good. The price was the same, Rs 40.
    From the train I got a beautiful view of the Dudhsagar Waterfalls (India’s second highest waterfall), but unfortunately my camera was in the bag.

When the train arrived in Margao (Madgaon) I went to the prepaid taxi booth, to the right outside the train station. A prepaid taxi to Baga was Rs 830 and it took over an hour. The taxi dropped me outside the hotel, Cavala Seaside Resort.

• Trains

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

From Baga to Old Goa and back

by MalenaN Written Oct 16, 2010

Baga beach

From Baga I went on a daytrip to Old Goa using public transportation. In the morning I took a bus from the main road in Baga to Panaji. It was Rs 12 (July 2010) and took 45 minutes. In Panaji the bus stopped at Kadamba bus stand and from there the bus on to Old Goa was also leaving. The buses are frequent and I didn’t have to wait long. The bus to Old Goa took around 20 minutes and it was Rs 5. In Old Goa the bus stopped near the main attractions.

Going back to Panaji and Baga I took a bus passing on the main road in Old Goa. This time it was Rs 7 between Old Goa and Panaji, but the bus to Baga was the same, Rs 12. I had intended to go off in Calangute, near the Main Calangute Beach, but as there was an annoying man sitting next to I went off the bus earlier, already in south Calangute and walked from there.

Instant Answers: Baga

Comments

Baga Transportation

Reviews and photos of Baga transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Baga sightseeing.