Candolim Travel Guide

Candolim Hotels

Candolim Restaurants

• by desouzawilliam Written Jul 13, 2012

The restaurant has an environment which makes you relax and laze, filled with artifacts and paintings, surrounded with lush green plants & lounge music takes u out of this world
    Wok & Roll is a beautiful place
    The food, staff & service is excellent... a must try

Favorite Dish: Honey Glazed Pot Roast Pork Spare Ribs
    Pot Stickers (Chicken )
    Fish Java Style
    Chicken in Roasted Chili Paste

• by Damian1978 Written Feb 25, 2009

The food is like heaven at l'orange, with a low lite ambience but its cozy and comfortable
    this place is special because its small,has few tables but has go the food,service and ambience

Favorite Dish: Stuffed Kebebs
    butter chicken
    Prawn Biryani

• nora_south_africa's Profile Photo
    Lille Palms restaurant Candolim

by nora_south_africa Written Jul 22, 2007

This wonderful little restaurant was clean and made great food, prices were good too, it makes good chinese food and other... even makes peking duck...yummy!!
    the restaurant is opposite the Gloria Anne hotel.
    I dont seem to find a web site for this restaurant but will add info if I find.

• Singles
    • Study Abroad

Candolim Transportation

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    Walking to Fort Aguada

by MalenaN Written Feb 22, 2011

I did not know that the buses to Panaji came from Calangute in the north and drove through Candolim and that I could just wait by the road, so I started to walk the 1km south to the crossroad from where I knew the busses were leaving. The rain poured down and I stopped at a café for coffee, but as there was no electricity there was no coffee. After a while I left and arrived to the bus stop soaking wet. The bus to Panaji was Rs 10 (June 2010) and took about 45 minutes.

The bus between Panaji and Margao was an express one. Tickets are sold in a ticket booth and just as many tickets are sold as there are seats. It is more expensive, Rs 44 but it takes less than an hour to go to Margao.

In Margao the bus to Palolem was just leaving. I hopped on the bus and bought a ticket for Rs 25. When we came to Canacona we waited a long time on the station. It turned out the bus I was sitting on was going to Agonda and I was to change buses (but no more money was paid). The bus arrived and was already packed with people. The bus to Palolem took the way passed Patnem first and if I had known the area I could have left the bus very close to Palolem Guest House, where I thought of staying. Now I went all the way to Palolem village, looked at a hotel room there, but then walked back along the road the bus had come from.

• MalenaN's Profile Photo
    The footpath

by MalenaN Written Oct 2, 2010

I was ready to walk up to the road to take the bus, but the rain poured down heavily and it didn’t seem to stop. I asked at the hotel how much a taxi to Candolim would cost and they made a telephone call to ask. I can’t remember what the driver said, but comparing with what I had paid from the airport to Arambol it was too much. I said I could pay Rs 500 but he didn’t accept it. So from the hotel they called someone else and he accepted Rs 500 right away (June 2010). I didn’t have to wait long before the taxi arrived.

In Candolim I wanted to go to Dona Florina (which turned out to be closed). The taxi driver asked for direction and then turned off the main road. He stopped by a footpath where I had to continue by foot to Dona Florina, but only for 5 minutes.

• Candolim Hotels

35 Hotels in Candolim

336 Reviews and Opinions

Candolim Off The Beaten Path

• by airliefez Written Jul 8, 2008

This man is a genius. Victor only has 6 tables and you usually have to book the day before, but once you've been, ask for his mobile No and then just ring in the morning to say you would like to eat there on that same evening. Victor owns his own Prawn Farm and the prawns are to die for and cheap compared to anywhere else in the world. He doesn't have a menu as such, tell him what you want and how you want it cooking and bobs your uncle. ITS GORGEOUS. Oh and watch out for Valentino his helper he is fantastic and everyone falls for him.Anyway, his little place is down the Whispering Palms Road, walk past the hotels and the few little stalls as if you are going to the beach, but about 100metres from the beach on your left is, " CANDOLIMS BEST KEPT SECRET" You will never have a seafood platter like it. Try everything he has to offer; Prawn pate on toast, crab starters, vegetable soup, his steaks are as good as any of the top restaurants, Fish of all varieties. Mmmmm I can taste em all just writing this. If you go tell him Roger sent you.....

Instant Answers: Candolim

Comments

Candolim Travel Guide
Map of Candolim