INDIAN, Goa

4.5 out of 5 stars 59 Reviews

• INDIAN
    by venkyboy127
  • Malai Tikka and Mint kebab being grilled on coal
    Malai Tikka and Mint kebab being grilled...
    by venkyboy127
  • INDIAN
    by rasagoa
  • kat-m's Profile Photo

INFANTARIA: friendliest in town

by kat-m Written Feb 11, 2009

head waiter

This was a great find which we visited often, there is a bakery on site and you can buy pies,breads and indian snacks such as samosa`s etc. Lunch time snacks along with a cold kingfisher mmm! At night, Infantaria has a lovely upstairs seating area where the waiters are especially nice, at weekends there is live entertainment and the guys will go out of thier way to get you a table. The food was always lovely and the hospitality unbeatable.

Favorite Dish: everything I had, I want to go back NOW!

• jalapeeno's Profile Photo

All spice: A MUST DO/EAT!!!

by jalapeeno Updated Nov 26, 2006

Here it is!!

What can we say... the best meal we have ever had!!

Seriously... we heard lots of good reviews before we went to All spice and had high expectations.. and boy were they met!

Its quite a simple quaint place and the setting isnt spectacular but the food and service do all the talking.

Ask for Vinny or Girish.. well you cant miss them, they will make you feel so welcome the moment you arrive and are just soooo cool, they can make any orders you want if its not on the menu too!

If you do anything in Goa... go to All spice!

Favorite Dish: We had a prawn Massala... oh boy was it nice....and keema pannear!!! MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

• LAZY DAYS,: excellent vegertarian/seafood restuarant

by vegiehead Written Aug 3, 2005

My wife and i was in north goa for 5 months in which time we ate at many restuarants.One of our favourite was Lazy Days at calungute opposite csm hotel.it is spotlessly clean and a veried menu.We only ate vegetarian but our friends ate fish/chicken and had no complaints.Also for music lovers the owners had an excellent sound system playing varios types of music.

Favorite Dish: All the vegertarian food was excellent.Some people asked me where the best place i had eaten and i always said lazy days.I said to them if you go there to eat and you dont like it i would pay for it,but no one asked me to pay for there meal as they enjoyed it.

• L'orange Bar & Restaurant: Food for the gods

by barneyrobertson Updated Jul 31, 2009

I read a couple of reviews on VT about L'orange and decided to give it a try, while my wife and I were in Goa last weekend. I must say it was a great experience. First of all, the staff are friendly
    and the service is really quick. They have a wide variety of cuisine, ranging from pastas to the local Goan stuff. The most interesting is the open kitchen !!!

you can have a nice candle lit dinner. A well stocked bar completes the whole experience.
    A meal for two should cost around Rs.800-900, including a couple of drinks each, main course and desserts. The only negative part was that they do not accept credit cards. The only mode of payment is cash. not forgetting the live much was nice too
    Location wise - candolim main road, The very thought has me longing for another vacation in Goa!!

Cheers

Favorite Dish: Every dish is well presented and taste yummy

• Music

• Bob's Inn: For Goan specialities

by Fodo Updated Jan 23, 2007

The interior of Bob's Inn

Bob's Inn serves all types of cuisines, but their Goan specialities are particularly mouth watering. The interior is done up in a very tasteful manner, which cretes a very soothing ambience. We had stopped over at Bob's Inn on our way to Old Goa, and the lunch was a very refreshing experience.

The restaurant is set in a 120 year old house, with a garden at the entrance. The owner is also a very friendly chap.

Favorite Dish: The Chicken Cafreal is just out of this world. This is a Goan dish made in Mint-Coriander gravy. It's not very spicy, but is really tasty. I haven't eaten this good Chicken Cafreal anywhere else.

• East Meets West!!: 1 of my most favourite restaurants in the WORLD!!

by mimi2006 Updated Jul 24, 2006

If you go to Goa you will soon realise that it is a place that values GOOD FOOD. This is most evident in East Meets West. I am so certain that most foodies out there will be more that just impressed with this jewel of culinary delights!! Set in a shady garden, we dined al fresco under the stars by candlelight (and the christmas lights that all of goa seem to love!). East Meets West offers more than just Indian cuisine, which by have the best butter chicken curry i have tastes in the WORLD (so far). There is an open air barbeque that produces the most gorgeous grilled fish and prawns (fresh on the day), and their kitchen offer delightful sounding steaks and finger-licking good starters. If I have to think of one draw back it would be the incence overload!! But if you get a table in the centre of the garden, rather than by the trees around the perimeter you will be fine...i promise you will love this place!! Although its more expensive than the average eaterie in Goa, it is worth every penny!! They also provide frequent live music which will make you smile if it doesnt succeed in serenading you! Every taxi driver knows this place so just ask them to drop you here and collect you in a few hours.

Favorite Dish: Anything from the barbeque!!!
    Butter chicken curry!!
    Naan bread...yum yum!!

• INDIAN: shack food

by vegiehead Updated Aug 20, 2005

We have eaten in many shacks in india and as a general rule they have all been of a good standard but one deserves a mention is rams shack in candolim as he does the best vegetarian samosas i have ever had.For 40 rs you get two big fat tasty samoas and they are well worth the money.We thought they were that good we used to walk from baga along the beach eat them then walk back.Sometimes we took a doggy bag back with us and gave them to friends and they liked them as well.Rams other food on the menu is quite good and as with all goans he is a character and he likes his cricket.

• grandad's Profile Photo

Delhi Darbar, Panaji, Goa: Service with a smile - and a rose!

by grandad Written Apr 23, 2005

The Delhi Darbar Experience

"She who must be obeyed" and me enjoyed many visits to restaurants when we visited Goa in April (even though we were on all-inclusive) but the best experience must surely be our visit to the Delhi Darbar near the Levis Building in Panaji - you will immediately see it by the doorman in his white Sultan's outfit.
    On a hot and humid day we revelled in the air-conditioning as we were treated truly like royalty by the staff, even though we were sweaty and dishevelled.
    We weren't really hungry so asked if we could just have a starter and some drinks - it was no problem to them. I had a fish tikka starter and the wife had a chicken starter - there was so much fish/meat and salad that neither of us could finish it; the first time I have ever been defeated by a starter!
    After explaining that the food was lovely but we just couldn't eat it all we asked about a small dessert - they brought us a complimentary single scoop vanilla ice cream, the usual annis seeds and a selection of sweets - then the waiter brought my wife a single red rose!

Favorite Dish: Fish Tikka - proportions to keep everyone happy!

• jdfhale's Profile Photo

Martins Corner: Good Cheap and fun

by jdfhale Updated Nov 15, 2002

the prawns here are huge

d?f.?staurant that the locals seem to love. you can sit outside if you wish and if you are inside there are plenty of fans to keep yo cool. The atmosphere is fantastic and on Saturday nights they have a DJ/singer on or you can do kareoke if you wish.

Favorite Dish: Goa is famous its seafood so these guys supply lots of it. The portions are huge and this comes as no suprise when you see the size of some of the seafood they have. My faourite were the Tandoori prawns (the size of your hand).

• The Plantain Leaf: South Indian Veg

by KayPee Written Oct 13, 2004

Excellent food in this typical South Indian restaurant. Masala dosas, idlis and vadas served with sambal, and coconut chutney, dosas served up until 11am then time to try one of their delicious thalis, lots of different veg curries with rice, papad, curd. Always seems to be change from 50 rs.

Favorite Dish: Masala Dosa, Potato Vadas

BOMBAY CAFÉ
    Francisco Luis Gomes Road, Margao

SHRI DAMODAR
    Opposite Gandhi Market, Francisco Luis Gomes Road, Margao
    (Café And Ice-cream Parlour)

LILA CAFÉ,
    North side of the river Mandovi, Baga Beach
    (Bakery cum Snack Bar),
    Specialty: Spinach a La Crème, rounded off with real Espresso Coffee.

PEDRO'S
    Benaulim Beach
    Specialty: Fish Steaks served with Homemade Sauces.

RAFAEL'S
    On the Benaulim Beachfront
    Specialty: Fried Rice, Salads and deliciously stodgy oven hot Coconut Pudding.

ZAPPA BEACH SHACK
    Candolim Beach, Off Main Road

RORISA
    Up the Lane West of St. Anthony's Chapel
    Speciality: Goan and Western Cuisine including Great Mumbai Aloo, Gtreeen Fish Curry & Banana Pancakes

• savios beeach shack candolim beach goa: food of dreams

by mick11 Written Sep 7, 2008

looking out onto lovely sandy beach and blue sea this small adilic beach shack though dwarft by the giant grand looking ones the food that is served is like food from the gods the tasets torment the tonge in a very easey going atmosphere very good place to stop and eat has food to rival the very best in the area of candolim

Favorite Dish: try dam alo cashmere or even his sweet and sour

• XKuger's Profile Photo

Masala @ the Hyatt: Don't miss the Butter nan's

by XKuger Updated Feb 8, 2010

Restaurent Square

I ate all my meals at the property over a period of 4 days and I tried out all the restaurents in the property more than once. Of all the dishes I ordered I would rank the Butter Nan ( Indian Bread). Simply fantastic by any standards, most definitly the best I have ever tasted

I can quite easily say that this is one of the best Nan's I have every had before, it simple melts in your mouth and fantastically made... it not a case of a flash in the pan, as I re orded the same the followinf day and they repeated the same quality / consistency.

Just about any dish would tase good with this bread.

Favorite Dish: There was a Goan Mushroom curry that was also very memorable. My wife had a another Goan Lamb dish which she said was also excellent that she just wiped the disk clean which was a suprise to me as she is sometimes a picky eater.

• GOAN WAVES BEACH SHACK: Pure Hospitality

by golden88 Written Oct 11, 2007

Not very often mentioned but this little shack near the Calangute steps is possibly the best shack on the North Goan beach. The food is sumptious and the service is wonderful, Kamil will not let you even pour your own beer or move your table. When we return every year all the lads come out to welcome us as does Mama who hovers around doing massages and cheap jewellry. You can spend a whole day there being pampered, fed, looked after for under a tenner.

Favorite Dish: All the food is delicious, try the vegetarian ones or fish dishes.

• Spa and Resort
    • Luxury Travel

• PAULWELSHBOY's Profile Photo

OCEANIC: FANTASTIC CHEAP TRADITIONAL GOAN FOOD

by PAULWELSHBOY Written Jan 10, 2007

LOCATED LOOKING OVER THE MAIN STREET IN CALANGUTE CENTER JUST UP FROM THE JUNCTION OF THE MAIN BAGA ROAD.
    THE SETTING IS SMALL AND VERY WELCOMING AND IS OPEN AIR SO YOU CAN WATCH THE HUSSLE AND BUSSLE OF CALANGUTE AT NIGHT.
    THE FOOD IS SO CHEAP AND FRESH MY WIFE AND I ON A RECENT TRIP IN DEC O6 ATE HERE 3 TIMES.
    IF YOU WANT GOOD CHEAP FOOD THIS IS THE PLACE TO GO!!!!!!.
    A MEAL AND DRINKS FOR TWO PEOPLE WAS USUALLY UNDER 500 RUPPEES THAT IS CHEAP!!! AND LOADS OF FOOD ALSO.

Favorite Dish: THE BUTTER CHICKEN IS TO DIE FOR SERVED WITH BUTTER JEERA RICE AND A GARLIC NANN (THE BEST I HAVE HAD IN GOA)

Instant Answers: Goa

Comments

Other Restaurants in Goa