SEAFOOD, Goa

Goa-Bar inside the restro
    Pomfret fry - Goa!
  • Le Poisson Rouge: Delilghtful French Restaurant

by Globbytrotter Written Aug 24, 2011

A wonderful restaurant in a very charming place, open space with a beautiful terrasse.
    The food is delicious, the service is perfect, and people who are coming into it are very open minded. I have spent a delightful moment at this place.
    Enjoy the music too, a real original playlist while you are eating delightful dishes.

Read more: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/p/m/213371/#ixzz1Vve0VtBz

Favorite Dish: The filet de boeuf or the Red snapper are so delicious. The way how the chef cooker is cooking is really creative with the french touch.I recommend to have the set Menu in order to try all the little thing is doing.

• Le Poisson Rouge: Delightful French Restaurant

by Globbytrotter Written Aug 23, 2011
    The charming place

• Business Travel

• Over the Flames: Horrible tasting food

by deepnik Updated Feb 3, 2011

Over the Flames, Candolim Road, Goa. We had the opportunity of visiting this particular restaurant on Candolim road during our trip to Goa in January 2011, and what can I say.........the worst experience. We wanted to have Chinese food, but they did not have Chinese on their menu, so we asked them alternatives, and they suggested that they could serve us Chicken 65 and Chilli prawns, which was not on the menu, and we agreed to it. After the food and the drinks were served (one mocktail, one peg of rum, chicken 65 and chilli prawns) we found out that the chicken was very hard and rubbery and the prawns were not tasting good (can you imagine prawns tasting bad in a coastal place like Goa). We decided we will stop with this order and not order the main course and asked for our bill. Guess how much our bill came to for these for these measly items, 1800. They had the audacity to charge us 500 rupees each for the chicken and prawns giving the name of the item as Chef's special, and when we asked they said, it was made specially for us. I guess, even in a 7* hotel, nothing is charged so much. We just paid them and walked out in a rage. Pls avoid that place if u dont want to be ripped out.

• Pande Bar & Restaurant: seasoned good seafood restaurant & etc.

by CLYDEWHITE Updated Jan 12, 2011

A very seasoned great seafood restaurant besides seafood all other menu specials plus Russian cuisine and great cocktails and beer.

Favorite Dish: All Seafood dishes from a very seasoned great Chef their cadre is most praiseworthy.

• Pande Bar & Restaurant: GREAT STUFF KUDOS TO THEM KEEP IT UP

by allengillespie Written Jan 9, 2011

Been here almost thirty times and believe me they are gaining momentum in massive popularity in their seafood preparations and now at last people are flocking to Pande Bar and Restaurant they are just pretty new comers hats off to them for their seafood and Russian preparations.

Favorite Dish: All seafood and Russian menu dishes.

• Pande Bar & Restaurant: INDEED GREAT FOODSTUFF

by lilagomez Written Jan 8, 2011

Had a most pleasant evening at PANDE BAR AND RESTAURANT indeed they serve great foodstuff it is superb cuisine indeed.

Favorite Dish: Tiger Prawns and butter garlic Naans along with cocktails.Russian menu most splendid.

• Pande Bar & Restaurant: Great Seafood and Cocktails

by irenemenezes Written Jan 4, 2011

Nice place for great Seafood and Russian menu.All said and done a very gorgeous restaurant with splendid Seafood.Quiet looking place and able people in the Chef cadre.

Favorite Dish: All dishes just splendid and along with soothing Cocktails.Russian cuisine a great delight and all desserts along with

• PANDE BAR & RESTAURANT: GREAT HUMBLE PEOPLE SEAFOOD JUST ASTONISHING

by kennethmisquetta Written Dec 31, 2010

As I am sort of a local guy I have actually two homes Mumbai ( Bombay )and every few weeks Candolim from where our family migrated to Mumbai and my relatives still live in proper Candolim.This time I heard from my people that a genuine great seafood restaurant has just opened and is day by day becoming a rave.To say the least Pande Bar and Restaurant is creating raves to be more honest apart from now being certainly the No.1 Seafood restaurant in proper Candolim their humble most pleasing waiters deserve my special gratitude.All my kudos to them and the great seafood served by them.

Favorite Dish: Love every dish that they serve right from crabs to lobsters and all.

• PANDE BAR & RESTAURANT: EXCELLENT

by nithyagazmer Written Dec 29, 2010

Well it's not everyday that a person can descend from a far flung place like Kurseong in Darjeeling district.All that I wanted was to savour rare seafood and thus located a fabulous restaurant that is Pande Bar and Restaurant on the Beach Road in proper CANDOLIM.They might be situated in a remote isolated corner but great kudos to their seafood cuisine along with great cocktails etc. etc..They are absolutely marvellous in their preparations of all sort of seafood cuisine and other cuisines too.

Favorite Dish: All sorts of rare seafood preparations

• Beaches

• PANDE BAR & RESTAURANT: GRAND SEAFOOD AND TEMPTING COCKTAILS ETC.ETC.

by christinepereira Written Dec 27, 2010

Delicious most much much above the ordinary food available very near the beaches this is going to be our gossip in class once the forty of us reach back home that is the distant most SHILLONG where the best tea of the world is grown.All of us reached here after proper consultations with those who matter and elders and all forty of us did have a wonderful Christmas vacation, though in Shillong it's most wonderful Christmas too.

Favorite Dish: Well Crabs and Lobsters and delicious fish cuisine and much above great cocktails

• PANDE BAR & RESTAURANT: GREAT IT'S VERY POPULAR NOW FOR ALL SORT CUISINE

by brianbinge Updated Dec 19, 2010
    AS SEAFOOD SERVED IN THE RESTAURANT

Actually I have no writing experience on such matters but actually being an old Anglo-Indian I was to guide my buddy pals all those who later migrated to England to Goa.Now reason being they were coming to India after a gap of 4 years.So I chose to take them to little known Candolim in the north of Goa.Actually the difference between Candolim and all of the other places is that it is sort of sleepy and one finds lots and lots of very mature and old Britishers who live for as long as over 6 to 7 months a year.Naturally as all of these British dwellers are seasoned beef eaters hence one locates many such restaurants in the vicinity.As my friends desired to taste sort of Indian seafood I had heard from the locals that the best seafood restaurant was Pande Bar and Restaurant on the beach road in Candolim.It's just new and one can hardly locate because it's sort of hidden by a very huge taxi stand, Marvellous sea food and one of the only places who cater Russian menu to their guests and all sort of other international cuisine.Bye Bye Brian Binge.

Favorite Dish: Crabs perfectly seasoned by very good chefs indeed

• anilbobbysharma's Profile Photo

PANDE BAR & RESTAURANT: JUST SPLENDID SEA FOOD FOR ONCE

by anilbobbysharma Updated Nov 29, 2010

THE ENTRANCE

As my passion is and always shall be to travel to Goa this time I decided to spend all of my time in Candolim so this time I descended to a new restaurant and wow! what a lovely experience it has been never of early I have savoured such excellent sea food in my life in all of my visits to Goa.

Favorite Dish: Giant prawns and the reason might be they might be having some astonishing super chef in their cadre.

• tintinhaddock76's Profile Photo

Martin's Corner: Local food, people, service, beer - excellent!

by tintinhaddock76 Updated Aug 24, 2010

This is the best restaurant in South Goa or probably all of Goa...period.Very few get their food, service, people and the beer temperature so right...
    Have been a fan of this place for a long time, ever since I've been going to Goa. Was there recently in Aug 2010. Went in for lunch & told them that because I like the place so much that I got friends here with me who are new to their joint. They took extra care and when I told Bosco (he was waiting on us) that after the lunch we have a flight to catch, he made sure everything is on the table with time to spare.

And what a spread, we had pitchers of beer, (the best draught pitcher I had in a long long time), pompfret, shellfish in coconut (which was complimentary from them), chicken in Goa chilly fry, prawns in butter garlic, chicken xacuti, prawn balchao(local cuisine, dont miss) with Goan pao (local bread). We loved the local fare will go back for it more. Not that they are not good in other Indian and Chinese food, but they excel in local food so always try that.
    And the cost, was Rs.3200 inclusive of tips amongst 8 people, thats not even 10 USD/pp.
    Hows that for good food! May be if you order the big crab and lobster, will your food bill be much higher.
    Dont miss ever, whenever you are in Goa.

Favorite Dish: prawn balchao - very spicy (and I eat chillies a lot) but out of this world
    chicken xacuti - dont miss,
    prawns - in butter garlic...absolute relish
    chicken in Goan chilly fry - if you think you know chilly chicken, think again,
    Pompfret - in local spices, its a different ball game altogether
    shell fish in coconut - never knew shellfish would be so tasty and above that the best thing about it that even the this complimentary dish was outstanding!!
    Beer - so cheap, the price they sell it in the restaurant, I sometimes pay more for bottled water in some joints......Long live Kingfisher draught!

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Souza Lobo: Best (Seafood!) Dinner on the Beach

by Donna_in_India Written Oct 1, 2009

Boats in Goa

The Goa landmark, Souza Lobo is located on the beach in Calangute. They serve Goan, Tandoori, Chinese, and Continental dishes. My favorite dishes are the prawn and crab dishes! Yummm!

Souza Lobo can seat hundreds of people at a time at the bar, at inside tables or at tables on the beach but this is a very popular place so be sure to arrive early especially on the nights that there is live music! The live music nights are the best nights to go. Go, have a cocktail or a mocktail, listen to some music, dance, and eat!!

Some of the seafood dishes are priced as "market price". If you order any of these dishes, be sure to ask the price first. You can eat inexpensively if you don't have any alcohol or market price seafood, but even if you do, it's still not expensive.

Open year-round, Souza Lobo is another MUST visit in Goa!

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Capricorn: Wonderful swordfish!

by Willettsworld Written Sep 19, 2009

This large restaurant had a nice atmosphere and feel about it. I came here and had wonderful swordfish steaks in garlic sauce. Heaven! The place is neat and clean with pretty blue or red-checked tablecloths, photographs of Goa, coconut palms, and buffalos on the walls. There's a wide choice of Indian and multi-national dishes with heavy emphasis on seafood. Great place!

Instant Answers: Goa

Comments

Other Restaurants in Goa