Jaipur Travel Guide

• Jaipur
    by idream

Jaipur Things to Do

by philgray Updated Jan 29, 2011

Monkey temple at sunset is an absolute must! The surreal surroundings complete with monkeys swimming in their own swimming pool is just stunning. Don't forget your camera! Ladies: it is suggested that you do not walk alone as there are sometimes young men who hang around wanting to harrass, so try walk in a group.

• Hiking and Walking

Jaipur Shopping

• by neha111 Written Feb 14, 2012

We went to Jaipur and stayed at Krishna Palace.The registered taxi driver of Krishna Palace drove us to this place when we wished to shop.At the entrance,they tried to impress the visitors with their block printing workshop.They asked what we wanted to buy and then sent us to the corresponding counter.The sales man was somewhat arrogant and unfriendly and opened a number of items even if we did not asked him to.I bought three suits and then he started showing sarees.I did not like any of them and he was forcing us to buy.Then he started talking with the other guy in their local language probably abusing us which was clear from his gestures.Also driven by guilt that I have wasted his time as he had opened a number of bundles,I bought 2 sarees one of which was of 4500 and other of 6500.Also we bought a kurta payjama for Rs. 2500.Next day we went to the local shop and saw a similar suit which I had bought from this shop for 2500.Just for curiosity I asked the price and they said Rs.700.I saw that the stuff was similar but just tried to convince myself that what I bought form 'Neelkanth' was good.Then I found an exact kurta payjama which I bought from Neelkanth for Rs.2500,just for 500 in the local market.I was about to break into tears.Later I discovered that they charged atleast 2,3 for all the items I bought from there.I felt very bad for our hard earned money and never recommend them for anybody.Always buy from govt. emporium (if not good in bargaining) or local shops (if having good knowledge of textile stuff and good in bargaining)

• Castles and Palaces

by philgray Written Jan 28, 2011

This shop does not send the goods you order. I spent $1600 a year ago and still no goods. The scam artist man in charge, "Sunny" or "Sunu" is a liar and keeps promising to refund my money "tomorrow" but never does. There are so many great shops in Jaipur, so AVOID this one unless you want to be ripped off!!

• Women's Travel
    • Business Travel

• Jaipur Hotels

0 Hotels in Jaipur

Jaipur Warnings and Dangers

by philgray Written Jan 28, 2011

Instant Answers: Jaipur

Comments

Jaipur Travel Guide
Map of Jaipur