Kufri Things to Do

• anitayusof's Profile Photo

Kufri National Park

by anitayusof Updated Feb 19, 2009
    Horse back riding up to the park

I went here during winter. There's a heavy snowfall the day before and I didn't wear proper shoes to climb up the hill, so I need a horse to take me up the park. It cost me Rs250 for one day horse rental which I didn't fully utilize bcos I only hv few hours to spare here. The view is awesome. I don't have much time to explore the park because I spend my time on skiing. There is a small slope for beginners. Ski rental is Rs300 per hour, expensive, but no choice. Take it or forget it. There is also this guy with two yaks at the slope which you can take pics for only Rs10 per person (pics unlimited using own camera). I need to rush back to Shimla before the autorities blocked the road again since the snow started to fall.

Black bear

by ukirsari Updated Jul 8, 2005

My black bear at Kufri (c) ukirsari

Black bears that live in Himachal Pradesh. They're so cute and kind-hearted ;) Playing in the huge cage all-around, then when I call them, they're coming closer :D But the thing I "hate"; my Punjabi friends also sound 'ahhhhhhhh' [since impressed with their ability to 'entertaining' us] so, I lost several good moments!

Musk deer

by ukirsari Updated Jul 8, 2005

come to me, pleaseeee!

Kind of animal from plateau and I hear that its fat used as a material for perfume! [hmmm, remember my tee-shirt is written 'against animal testing' ... but why takes animal's fat for material?? Ironic!]

Indira Gandhi Memorial Park Kufri

by ukirsari Written Jul 12, 2004

Picnic of a Punjabi Family at Kufri (c) ukirsari

Amusement park and place to hang-out after visiting Himalayan Nature Park Kufri. Here, you can also rent traditional Himachali clothes and taking pictures.
    ~ Entrance fee: Rs5
    ~ Himachali dress and picture's fee: Rs75

• Theme Park Trips

Brown Bear

by ukirsari Updated Jul 12, 2004

My luvly browny bear of Kufri

This is the time, whenever my newly friends from Punjab call me "Eddie", not my name @rie :) Maybe they're so impressing with this brown bear then forget me for moment. And the bear also cute and sooooo lovely, whenever I say, "Baby, Baby, wake up, please ...." He just wake up and then walking. Once again, I hear the voices "ahhhhhhhhhh", but not from the bear, hihihihihi :)

Snow leopard

by ukirsari Written Jul 9, 2004

Snow leopard (c) ukirsari

So sexy, so gorgeous and so ... expose himself. Like this for a quite long time. Just like tell me, "Please, enjoy your time in taking my picture!!!" Next to him is a cage for Tibetan wolf that looks so 'shy' :)

Barking deer

by ukirsari Written Jul 9, 2004

Barking deer Kufri (c) ukirsari

A kind of animal live in plateau and close to a deer, with 2 horns and more or less as big as a goat.

Instant Answers: Kufri

Comments

Kufri Things to Do

Reviews and photos of Kufri things to do posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kufri sightseeing.