Panaji Restaurants

Panaji

Most Recent Restaurants in Panaji

Café Aunty Maria

Coffee and chocolate cake

I was walking around in Panaji and was thinking it would be nice to find a café where I could sit down, eat a cake and rest for a while. I didn’t think I would see one, but luckily I stumbled over Café Aunty Maria, which is part of Hotel Fidalgo. They have a great selection of home made bread, cakes and cookies. I had a yummy chocolate cake and a pot of coffee , which was Rs 150 (June 2010) with tax and service.

Sher-E-Punjab

Malai Kofta and Butter Naan

Sher-E-Punjab is a popular restaurant with good food and service in central Panaji. I had passed earlier, during lunch time, and then saw it was full of costumers. So I thought it was a good place to return to later. I had Malai Kofta with Butter Naan and a bottle of water (1 litre). With tax added it was Rs 128 (June 2010). The Malai Kofta was a bit spicy, but the sauce was rich and it was more filling than the meal I had had earlier that day. For every table there was also a plate with onions, tomatoes and mint sauce.

Viva Panjim

Viva Panjim

Viva Panjim is a small restaurant on a side street in Fontainhas, just a block from Afonso Guest House where I stayed. According to my guidebook they have tasty food and the woman at the guest house recommended the restaurant as well. So I went there for lunch and sat at one of the tables outside on the street. I told the waiter I didn’t want to have anything hot and spicy and asked if the prawns in coconut milk was good for me. He said it was. I got a lot of basmati rice, but the prawns were very few in a thin sause. Several of the prawns were only empty shells. And it was very spicy. It did not fill my stomach. The “prawns” with rice was Rs 100 and a coca-cola was Rs 20 (June 2010).

The restaurant is open between 11.30 - 15.00 and 19.00 - 23.00 Mondays - Saturdays and on Sundays it is open between 19 - 23.

• traceyspacey's Profile Photo

Hotel Venite: Plenty to read on the walls

by traceyspacey Written Apr 10, 2007

It is full of character, with tiny balconies hanging over the street. One room has it's walls, ceiling covered in insightfull thoughts and pictures from the travellers that have passed through over the years. Food is pleasant and the beer is cold.

Favorite Dish: No particular favourite, worth a visit even if it's just for a drink.

• lotharscheer's Profile Photo

Kamat Hotel: Good Indien Vegetarian

by lotharscheer Updated Feb 17, 2014
    Puri Baji

Kamat Hotel for vegetarian indian food opens relativ early (my hotel didn't have breakfast, i walked arround quite a while to find a place), good Dosa, Idli and Puri Baji

Favorite Dish: Puri Baji

Instant Answers: Panaji

Comments

Panaji Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Panaji restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Panaji sightseeing.