Panaji Travel Guide

Panaji
    Old Goa

Panaji Things to Do

• Daytrip to Old Goa

Old Goa was the colonial capital of Goa. Full of history and churches and convents well maintained and worth a visit.A easy daytrip from Panjim, its only 9 km and there are frequent buses to Old Goa from the Kadamba bus terminal.

• Chapel of St. Sebastian

Panjim has some lovely old churches and St. Sebastians is no different and it is best done while doing the walking tour that many locals or guidebooks offer. The church was built in the 1880s and its most striking feature is a crucifix that originally stood in the Palace of the Inquistion in Old Goa. The chapel is the standard white and its...

• Boat Cruise on Mandovi river

The cruise is worth it during the day. At night, you miss all the scenery though.The cruises come along with traditional dance and some food is available.It's very short and quite crowded. Book your tickets in advance !

Panaji Hotels

• Panjim Inn

E-212, 31st January Rd, Fontainhas, Panaji, 403001, India

Panaji Restaurants

• Good Indien Vegetarian

Kamat Hotel for vegetarian indian food opens relativ early (my hotel didn't have breakfast, i walked arround quite a while to find a place), good Dosa, Idli and Puri Baji Puri Baji

• Café Aunty Maria

I was walking around in Panaji and was thinking it would be nice to find a café where I could sit down, eat a cake and rest for a while. I didn’t think I would see one, but luckily I stumbled over Café Aunty Maria, which is part of Hotel Fidalgo. They have a great selection of home made bread, cakes and cookies. I had a yummy chocolate cake and a...

• Sher-E-Punjab

Sher-E-Punjab is a popular restaurant with good food and service in central Panaji. I had passed earlier, during lunch time, and then saw it was full of costumers. So I thought it was a good place to return to later. I had Malai Kofta with Butter Naan and a bottle of water (1 litre). With tax added it was Rs 128 (June 2010). The Malai Kofta was a...

Panaji Transportation

• Bus from Panjim to Mapuçá

There are frequent local buses from Panjim to Mapuçá.Trip Duration30 minutesFare (2008)INR 8

• Bus from Panjim to Margão

There are many express buses linking Panjim to Central Margão. Tickets should be bought at the bus station.Trip Duration40 minutesFare (2008)INR 22

• From Panaji to Hampi

I had looked on Internet for a train ticket, but it didn’t seem to be any day trains running to Hospet. So when I arrived in Panaji I went to the bus companies to ask for a bus ticket, but it turned out there were no buses running during monsoon time. At a travel agent I found out though that there was a train leaving Goa for Hospet a few days a...

Panaji Shopping

• Not So Fab

Thought this was a great shop when entering, as did my wife. A good selection of gift items, including local jewellery, clothes, furniture etc, all with an India theme. One of a chain across India I believe.Sadly the customer service from a very rude lady in the menswear section meant I put back the items I was planning to buy. It seems she was...

• Port wine in Panaji

Panaji has a lot of shops where you can buy various kind of Port Wine made in Goa. Some are very good ! Port Wine Very cheap

• Panaji Hotels

24 Hotels in Panaji

Panaji Off The Beaten Path

• ChuckG's Profile Photo

Walk up !

by ChuckG Written Jun 23, 2003

I had a map of the city and just walked up in the small streets. I ended up in a tiny street bordered by flowers and had this view when I reached the end of the street.

Panaji Sports & Outdoors

• gonzo747's Profile Photo

Barracuda diving

by gonzo747 Updated Mar 14, 2007

Their office is situated at the 5 star "Goa Marriot Resort" in Miramar (just west of Panaji);
    I did a day trip to Grande island with them. The price was 2500 roepies. This was for the boatride, the equipment, two tank dives and some snacks and water along the way.
    Visibility isn't tops over here, but I saw quite some fish.

Panaji Favorites

• ChuckG's Profile Photo

Walk along Mandovi River

by ChuckG Updated Jun 23, 2003

Favorite thing: It's River, it's European Fell, it's vibe

Fondest memory: Take a walk along Mandovi river, there are many bridges to walk across, little cafes, nice shops. It's really an area to discover.

Mandovi river

Instant Answers: Panaji

Comments

Explore Deeper into Panaji

Map of Panaji