Bodh Gaya Shopping

by Willettsworld
    by Willettsworld

Most Recent Shopping in Bodh Gaya

• RakeshG's Profile Photo

sindoor saree showroom: hot to buy a saree, suit, dressmaterial and lehang

by RakeshG Written Aug 24, 2012

a very beautiful shop with its emmence exclusive range of saree, suit, lehangas n dress material. u can have a look about a lot of fashionable designer items in the shop which will surely impress u. u r welcome , we will make u acquente with indian traditional culture with its extraordinary outfits.

What to buy: indian luxury saree, exclusive dressmatrial n lehanga, only for women n girls

What to pay: up to u

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Tibetan Refugee Market: Help the exiled

by Willettsworld Written Jul 24, 2007

This small market is located to the north of the temple and is a great place to pick up some winter clothes even though it was well into the 30's when I visited. The stalls are run by exiled Tibetans so you know that you'll be helping their community.

• we2364's Profile Photo

Kashmiri & Tibetan Handicrafts: A happy surprise ^_^

by we2364 Updated May 5, 2006

The second shop, I past by and only bought one pair of earings. But the friendly shop owner gave me a neckplace made of turquoise. I was happily surprised by acceptting this nice gift from him.

If you ever want to buy anything from Bodhgaya, those two shops are highly recommended.

• we2364's Profile Photo

MUMTAZ: Bargain is a "soft" skill!

by we2364 Updated May 5, 2006

The first shop owner is a typical businessman, direct and always keep his margin for any neogotiation. I went there couple of times for buying some gifts for my family and friends. Finally, when we made the last deal, he even returned me some rupees from the last price we bargain. He soberly smiled and said to me: this is for friendship.

See, this is the real Asian bargain, it's not the direct and harsh one, but a "soft" skill. But it's not the one you can ask for. It actually depends on how you present yourself to others.

I bought a very nice crystal necklace for my mom, the quality and price is proved by another professional shop.

What to buy: Bracelet made of Bodhi seeds.

Jewellery exhabition, all for family and friends:)

• gulshesh's Profile Photo

Everywhere in Bodhgaya: Budhist Stuff for all needs

by gulshesh Updated Oct 15, 2003

What to buy: If you need Budhist articles like tankas, tibetan prayer flags, gemstone malas, or Budha statues of all sizes and traditions, you´ll defenitely find it in Bodhgaya. (For special tibetan stuff like purbas Dharmsala is good too). But be aware that westeners always pay twice as much as an indian, at least!

• Religious Travel

Instant Answers: Bodh Gaya

Comments

Bodh Gaya Shopping

Reviews and photos of Bodh Gaya shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bodh Gaya sightseeing.