don't become too friendly with the strangers.
Exchange your money only through authorized banks or Moneychangers and always insist on a receipt.
-- Do not encourage touts for shopping or changing currency.
- “IST” or Indian standard time is better known as Indian “Stretchable” time! Yeah, that’s right, Indians are not known for their punctuality. Sometimes there is nothing you can do about it, but otherwise you can try hinting subtly that you are a stickler for time.
- All foreign nationals have to pay their hotel bills in Foreign Currency only.
- Drinking water at most of the hotels and towns is safe. If you are in doubt you should carry a bottle of Mineral Water with you, these bottles are available almost everywhere. The popular brands are “Bisleri” and “Yes”.
- Everybody arriving in India should possess a Yellow Fever vaccination certificate conforming to International Health Regulations, if they are originating or transiting through Yellow fever endemic countries, before their arrival.
- When visiting religious places, especially temples, you are required to remove your footwear before entering and also to have respect for religious sentiments.
- In case of any difficulty, approach the nearest Government of India Tourist office or any of the state tourism departments, or the local police station.
- At almost all the places electric supply is on 220 Volts A.C., check your equipment before using the electrical outlet. TRANSPORTATION
Since travellers in any country stand out from the local public, or residents of that country, it is possible for someone to take you for a ride. We don’t mean to say that everyone is out to swindle you, but one always has a section of society, which let’s the whole image of the country down.
To travel in India, there are a number of methods to get from one place to another, please see your budget and check before travelling. watch out for persons offering unwanted help to you and you are safe.follow with your own schedule.
- Family Travel
Be careful while hiring...
Be careful while hiring autorickshaws (3 wheelers). Do enquire from any local citizen. Roughly for a kilometer, it should cost you Rs.6. USD 0.15 (15 cents).
Be careful about the drinking water being served in hotels and available at other public places.
ahmadabad is a safe city...
ahmadabad is a safe city except the railway station where someone will surely steal something from you;the trains are also full of thieves;but the real danger comes from the traffic on the roads;drivers are crazy,and you will see one thousand 3-wheels-cabs in the middle of 100 bicycles surronded by dozens of trucks and cars;it is dangerous to cross roads.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.