try Gujarati Aamras!!
I was confused on to where this should be placed but then I decided to put it under local customs tip as having Aamras after lunch/dinner is definitely a custom that's common among Gujratis.
I shall share it's recipe so that all of you can try it out at your homes as well.
1. Wash the mangoes in normal tap water, peel and cut into small pieces.
2. Grind the mango pieces in a mixer and strain the juice as much as you can.
3. Mix the sugar in the cold milk and add to the mango juice.
4. Add crushed cardamoms and water for required consistency.
5. Serve chilled with puri or paratha.Related to:
- Arts and Culture
- Food and Dining
- Budget Travel
On the West coast in Gujarat, salt had been made for thousands of years in a marshland known as the Rann of Kutch. The marshland gets covered by sea water and so also with flooded rivers in the rainy season. By winter the salt water begins to evaporate, leaving a salt crust...
During his march, Gandhi led the marchers across the vast salt fields of coastal Gujarat...
Sea waterRelated to:
- Historical Travel
- Road Trip
State of Gujarat Hotels
Located on the scenic banks of the famous Sabarmati River and in the heart of Ahmedabad's commercial...more
Sayajigunj, Opp. Parsi Agiary, Vadodara, Gujarat, 390020, India
Good for: Couples
Ambika Niketan Athwa Lines, Surat, Gujarat, 395007, India
Good for: Solo
Top State of Gujarat Hotels
- Ahmadabad Hotels
- 85 Reviews - 127 Photos
- Vadodara Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 18 Photos
- Gandhinagar Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 13 Photos
- Surat Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 12 Photos
- Great room rates
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices