Jammu Transportation

My driver for a few hours
    by kokoryko
    I did not pull the curtain. . .
    by kokoryko

Most Recent Transportation in Jammu

• vpas's Profile Photo

A reliable Taxi/cab driver

by vpas Written Mar 17, 2013

This driver brought us from Katra to Jammu and also took us sight seeing around Jammu. I found him very reasonable. He is a safe driver and provides the much needed local information. His name is Waryam Singh and his number is -- 09419117097

• kokoryko's Profile Photo

Motor rickshaw is the best!

by kokoryko Written Sep 21, 2008

My driver for a few hours

When you visit a rather big city without a map, and do not speak the local language, you have to rely on local resources. Where are the things to see? How to get there? I waved to a motor rickshaw and tried to explain the driver I wanted to see a few things in Jammu. I probably was lucky, the guy at least understood I wanted to see a few temples, the fort, etc. . . . We agreed for a price and time, and he drove me through the city, stopping when I asked, and stopping at the places he considered of interest: symbiosis! He did not speak English, but at least he told me the names of a few places. So we visited Jammu during three hours, in late afternoon and beginning of night. Added to this there is some fun, sitting in a rickshaw, smelling the petrol, being rocked on the humpy streets, trying to speak with the driver. . . .
    The proud driver, at the end of our tour is on the first picture; the rickshaws have curtains, if you are in need of privacy. . . . (picture 2)

Five dollars for three hours.

Instant Answers: Jammu

Comments

Jammu Transportation

Reviews and photos of Jammu transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jammu sightseeing.