Local traditions and culture in State of Jammu and Kashmir

Most Viewed Local Customs in State of Jammu and Kashmir

• RahulS36's Profile Photo

Kashmir Tour

by RahulS36 Updated Jun 22, 2015

Hi...I made my dream come true by travelling to Kashmir valley from Bangalore ,Karnataka. Kashmir is no doubt a beautiful paradise and being here in Kashmir in real rather than watching on pictures, movies provides real heavenly and divinely feelings. First of all, please make sure you have a postpaid sim card in your cellphone for better communication with your trip coordinators or near & dear ones. I boarded my flight in morning on 12th May 2015 from Jammu airport, underwent a series of security checks in different points unlike other airports. Own luggage is required to identify after security check before boarding flight otherwise luggage will not be taken off to flight. Well i landed safely in Srinagar airport and found sudden change in temperature but I had no postpaid phone sim and thus my phone was off no use at the airport. I booking my trip with Kashmir Travels India Pvt Ltd and I was taken to Dal lake in great houseboat HB Robin Hood and next day I left for Gulmarg . It was a wonderful drive all the way to Gulmarg. Snow jackets & boots can be hired from Tanmarg, a place very near to Gulmarg. There were thousands of tourists in Gulmarg
    I was successful to travel entire Kashmir in days with the help of Kashmir Travels and trip was very memorable ...Similarly I enjoyed In Sonmarg, Baltal Valley, Pahalgam, Srinagar....It will take much time to express my entire trip... If anyone interested, I can definitely share my expereinces.

Thank you.

Rahul

• Adventure Travel

• peitsing's Profile Photo

Different customs....

by peitsing Written Jan 2, 2006

Do note that although Kashmir is an Indian state, it is theoretically a Muslim city... hence, it is wise to be sensitive to the islamic customs and traditions... ie no revealing clothes and no pork etc in the locals' premises...

State of Jammu and Kashmir Hotels

10 Reviews - 46 Photos
Tikse Hotels
5 Reviews - 41 Photos

Instant Answers: State of Jammu and Kashmir

Comments

State of Jammu and Kashmir Local Customs

Reviews and photos of State of Jammu and Kashmir local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for State of Jammu and Kashmir sightseeing.
Map of State of Jammu and Kashmir