Tandoor, Bangalore

4.5 out of 5 stars 2 Reviews

• FransM's Profile Photo

Tandoor: Great Indian food

by FransM Updated Jan 16, 2005

I've tried quite some restaurants in Bangalore on my various visits, but this is my favourite. Very good indian food in a traditional setting at a reasonable price (at least through the eyes of a European).
    As the restaurant has two floors there is quite some room, so reservations are generally not required. Also visited by a lot of locals (which to me also is a recommendation)

Note: I don't have a picture as I generally do not take pictures of restaurants.

• BonnieVictoria's Profile Photo

Tandoor: Food underneath Art

by BonnieVictoria Written Oct 31, 2005

You would enjoy first the art, food comes second. Not that the restaurant's north indian fare is not as enjoyable but its breathtaking hand-painted ceiling will truly command your attention and keep you affix for a long time. The restaurant which existed more than 10 years, right until about 5 years ago they decided to spruce up the restaurant, hiring experts from the north to hand paint the ceiling with detailed delicate fine strokes and vibrant colours. I learned that it took more than 6 months to cover the entire restaurant's ceiling. Combining such fine artwork and delectable meal.. it truly invigorates your five senses making your dining experience there quite surreal. Rather steep on price, its worthwhile.

Favorite Dish: My first bite into the roti naan is just so memorable. Though it's just an accompaniment to your main dishes, I can just eat it on its own. Its delectable crispiness, toasted just right in the tandoor (earthen pot) it is just so comforting to your tummy. Unfortunately, being a high end restaurant, we have to dine with silverware though I believe it would be more enjoyable to dish in the tradition way - au natural fingers smacking lickin style...

Instant Answers: Bangalore

Comments

Hotels Near Tandoor
4.5 out of 5 stars