Been here? Rate It!
Just a little way from Princess Street, on the corner of Bastion and Rose streets, is Vasco House. This sixteen century house is believed to have been the residence of Vasco da Gama and is also one of the oldest structures of Fort Cochin. The European glass paned windows with balconies / verandas are characteristic of colonial times.
Like Koder House, Vasco House is now a hotel and is run by a family who also have a cafe and tourist info centre. If you can't afford to stay here though, the building is still worth a look.
- Historical Travel
- Budget Travel
Vasco da Gama House
In Rose Street (Fort Cochin) is Vasco House, built in the 16th century. It is said to have been the residence of Vasco Da Gama, tough it has never been proved. Anyway, is a nice house and a typical example of local architecture.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Kochi Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Mono City Hotels
- High Point State Park Hotels
- Amritsar Hotels
- Sevana Lich Hotels