Thiruvananthapuram Transportation

Best Rated Transportation in Thiruvananthapuram

• hshifan's Profile Photo

Trivandrum to Ooty (India) Bus

by hshifan Written Mar 27, 2008

Thanks all of you who contributed for my question, now I have made the trip and want to share the experience.

I have made the trip to Ooty on 11th Feb 2008. I bought ticket on Indian airline, so the flight arrived in Trivandrum at noon. After I reach Trivandrum,

I went to "No: 1 Air, Bus" and bought ticket for two seats (push back seat), each ticket cost IND 300 Rs for One-Way they had Bus at 21 & 22 hrs to Coimbatore. I took the bus on the someday and reach Coimbatore at 07 or 08 hrs.

When they stopped the bus at the last stop, from there I took bus going to Ooty which cost IND 60 Rs per person, the seats were push back seats. I reach Ooty within 02-03 hrs.

• Doug767's Profile Photo

Trivandrum Airport

by Doug767 Written Nov 11, 2006

Trivandrum Airport is in the process of being extended with a new Terminal being built. Check- in is fairly straight forward. With the security checks in place, make sure you are given a luggage tag from the check-in desk for anything you are carrying on board (eg handbag) they will be stamped going through security to the departure gate.
    The departure area is fairly small with only very limited refeshments (ie liptons tea!) no restaurant facilities - not good if you have a delay! Toilet facilities could be much improved with no toilet paper available when I visited! The seats on one side of the departure area are very comfortable. There is a mobile phone charging point.
    There is only one boarding gate (Number 1) where you will be bussed out to the aircraft.
    Roll on the new terminal opening!

• Business Travel

• AcornMan's Profile Photo

Qatar Airways - The worst airline ever?

by AcornMan Written Aug 12, 2007

Qatar Airways has no business claiming to be a five-star airline. After I arrived in India, I received an email stating that the airline had cancelled my reservations for my return flights. Customer service in India was simply horrible. It was the worst service I have ever received from not just any airline, but from any kind of business anywhere in the world. It almost seemed as if their ultimate goal was to make this entire affair as difficult as possible for me. They simply informed me that there was not sufficient time for my transfer in Doha and left it at that, as if they just expected me to stay in India for the rest of my life. Never at any point did they do anything helpful at all. Rather than looking for solutions, they simply threw up more and more roadblocks. They could have found alternate routes, booked me for an overnight stay somewhere between flights, or any of a number of other solutions. Instead, they said I had to fly out of a different city than the ticket I bought. One city was 6 hours away by bus, while the other was 16 hours away. And they said I had to get myself there.

Finally I gave up and emailed my wife in the US to have her try her luck with the New York office. They got me on a return flight, but back in India the insisted that I sign an indemnity form releasing the airline of all liability for costs I would incur because of the change in itinerary. They treated me like a criminal, not a customer. When I finally did get to Doha, the employees there were equally unhelpful. I told them the least they could do is give me a complimentary upgrade to business class, but they balked at every turn and acted like they owed me nothing. Finally one employee at check-in counter went out of her way to get me an upgrade, but she actually disobeyed her supervisor in doing so.

I will never, under any circumstances, fly Qatar Airways again. And I highly recommend that other travelers avoid them at all costs. It is the most unprofessional business I have ever dealt with in my life.

• AcornMan's Profile Photo

Thiruvananthapuram airport

by AcornMan Written Aug 12, 2007

Unfortunately the airport in Thiruvananthapuram has almost nothing for travelers to do while waiting for a flight. The gates are no more than a big waiting room full of chairs. There's a small snack bar, but nothing else inside the gate area. The bathrooms are disgusting and look like they are never cleaned. There is a decent restaurant outside the gate area, which is really the only positive thing I can think of about the entire airport. There is also a small duty free shop, but it didn't offer much. Bring a good book or something else to read while you wait. Otherwise you'll be very bored.

• Payippad Boat Race

by dsantosh Written Jul 7, 2004
    Payippad Boat Race

Event Date : Normally in august

Venue: Payippad, Alappuzha

Payippad Boat race, is one of the major snake boat races in Kerala.

Chundanvalloms or snake boats are the major highlights of the Payippad Boat Race.

The swift Chundanvalloms race during this event. this is a treat to watch.

Getting there:

Location: About 35 km from Alappuzha near Harippad

Nearest Railway Station: Harippad about 5km away

Nearest Airport: Cochin International Airport, about 85 km from Alappuzha

• 1Janakivasan's Profile Photo

Going Around the City

by 1Janakivasan Written Feb 13, 2007

The best way to go around the city is by Auto or taxi. Even thought the Bus is cheaper it not practicaly posibile to go around the city by bus

Instant Answers: Thiruvananthapuram

Comments

Thiruvananthapuram Transportation

Reviews and photos of Thiruvananthapuram transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Thiruvananthapuram sightseeing.

View all Thiruvananthapuram hotels