Basic Tips Before Entering Ajanta Caves
Favorite thing: 1. Have a basic knowledge of the jataka stories.
2. Good pair of walking shoes.
3. Carry plenty of water & a few eatables.
4. Carry a torch. See the necklaces glow.
5. Take a tripod along as no flash allowed inside the caves. A shutter release cord is a bonus.
6. Place camera on even surface of floor of the cave to click photos of ceiling. Put camera on self-timer mode.
7. Click signboard of cave number and literature before entering the cave. That way, later on, you’ll know which photo belongs to which cave.
8. In Cave 26, while photographing the image of the sleeping Buddha, take your shot either from the head side or the feet side. The entire sculpture cannot be photographed from the middle owing to the obtruding pillars.
9. Start from cave 30 and end at cave 1 – the best one. Save the best for the last. Don’t listen to the guide (guide is optional) who insist on their own preferences of the caves.
First Written: Mar. 2, 2012
Fondest memory: How did they do it with such *primitive* tools???
- Religious Travel
Green Jungle! and bridge..!
Favorite thing: U must have to walk on the bridge which connects caves to jungle ...
Fondest memory: I walked on this bridge and below it I found a lot of geological and biological wonders lying to get studied by proper persons.
- Jungle and Rain Forest
- Plenty of choices
- Agoda.com Save up to 75%, Don't miss! Live support, Instant confirmation.