Aurangabad Restaurants

• MalenaN's Profile Photo

Prashanth

by MalenaN Updated Sep 17, 2010

Eating at Prashanth

The food hadn’t been too good at the hotel so I looked for a restaurant with good reviews, not too far from the hotel. Prashanth was mentioned in my guidebook for having great vegetarian dishes.
    I ordered Malai Kofta, butter nan and water for Rs 98 (June 2010). The Malai Kofta was one of the better ones I had in India and it was prepared with cashew nuts and raisins.

Classic Hotel: Breakfast

by Willettsworld Written Sep 6, 2009

I came to this hotel, (which is located across the road from my hotel - the MTDC Holiday Resort) for breakfast as breakfast was pretty poor where I was staying. I think, I remember there being a buffet service which cost Rs90 but I do remember it being pretty good food.

Tandoor: Interesting decor

by Willettsworld Written Sep 6, 2009

This rather posh looking restaurant was just down the road from where I was staying. The decor inside is rather interesting with walls of clay face-brick, tiled flooring, and a bold collection of Egyptian figures (King Tut's head is displayed on a wall). All of this doesn't fit as the restaurant serves some excellent Indian and Mughlai food such as kebabs and tandoori dishes. The prices are a bit more than you'd normally pay, but what you get is very good service, food and ambiance.

Open: 11am-3pm and 6.30pm-11pm.

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Food Lovers: Fish tanks & cold beer!

by Willettsworld Written Sep 6, 2009

This place features palm trees and an earthen floor and about half-a-dozen fish tanks so it doesn't score low points on atmosphere! I came here for dinner, one evening, where the food took a while to come but was good. They serve cold beer as well.

• NedHopkins's Profile Photo

President Park Hotel: The specialty is cottage cheese

by NedHopkins Updated Nov 21, 2007

The President Park Hotel's main restaurant serves several kinds of "steak," including a Steak Diane. Each of the "steaks" is cottage cheese done in a different way. There is no meat on the menu. At the next door cafe, which serves breakfast and snacks, there is no bacon at the morning meal.

That said, both the restaurant and the cafe are clean and attractive and the service, in both, is excellent. I'd advise, however, that one not order a Bloody Mary in the restaurant. It took forever to arrive, the waiter explaining that they had had to locate and squeeze tomatoes.

(The hotel's website and brochure claim it has a bar. There's no bar. Apparently the elevated section at the rear of the main restaurant is what the hotel considers a bar.)

Favorite Dish: If I ever go back to Aurangabad and stay at the President Park Hotel, I will eat all my meals outside the hotel.

• Seniors

• NedHopkins's Profile Photo

Tandoor Restaurant and Bar: The mixed (non-veg) tandoori platter was superb

by NedHopkins Updated Nov 21, 2007

After two nights eating in the President Park Hotel's veg restaurant, I was in a mood to satisfy my carnivore side. The hotel's desk clerk recommended Tandoor, as does Lonely Planet.

The restaurant is nicely decorated (with images of pharaohs for some reason), well air conditioned, and spotless (kept so partly, alas, by a woman who wiped the floor on her hands and knees).

Service is prompt and friendly. I didn't venture into the bar; but the Cannon (local) beer I had with my meal was ice cold and delicious.

Favorite Dish: The Sizzling Tandoori Platter (non-veg) platter, Rs 450, was enough for two; I got through barely half of it. Served sizzling hot, it included pieces of chicken, mutton, and goat as well as sausages of some kind. It was one of the best meals I've had in two month-long visits to India.

• Seniors

• JohnniOmani's Profile Photo

Food Lovers: Good Choice

by JohnniOmani Written Feb 26, 2007

The restaurant is on one of the main roads and most travellers eat here at least once during their stay in the city. It has a great garden with palm trees and it is a great place to unwind and relax after sightseeing. They even offer candles at night making it a bit romantic for couples.

Favorite Dish: The Punjabi and Chinese food (Manchurian) are dynamite and they serve cold beer without hestitation making this place a great choice.

Prashant: Veggie restaurant

by Willettsworld Written Sep 6, 2009

Purely vegetarian restaurant located opposite where I was staying at the MTDC Holiday Resort. Not a bad place with so-so food.

Instant Answers: Aurangabad

Comments

Aurangabad Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Aurangabad restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Aurangabad sightseeing.