We got talking to somebody working here and we really believed he understood that our children were very ill and needed a meal with no spice. It is for this reason we ordered the food and paid the money in advance of dinner. Having being given a guided tour and seen the kitchen I immediately regretted this decision!!!!!
We were VERY warmly received when we turned up that night and sat with the sparrow and geckos awaiting our food. The large rustling at the back we decided was better left uninvestigated!
They had not understood the "no spice" conversation and my food blew my head off. I have to say with every bite I took I wondered how long before the food poisoning would kick in... I didn't have too long to wait!
The owners dog, Raju, sat with us. We were happy with that but he got taken outside for a beating. I ran to his rescue and said he was fine - after that the waitor made every effort to "play" outside with Raju and let us see how well they got along... the poor dog kept cowering waiting for the next blow!
They went to such efforts for us and we felt terribly guilty for leaving so much food but we felt the salad should really remain untouched!
In conclusion - it was a dining experience which I think was good to do and which I do not regret. I have no proof to link it but I was violently ill for 2 weeks after eating here!
It was very cheap. Oh and they can serve you the cheapest beer in town!
Very clean and organised, air conditioned & polite staff. For those qualities you pay a little extra but it is very much worth it. The menu is extensive and the food is taste. There are a few western options should you be fed up with curries or nursing an unsettled stomach!
Favorite Dish: The ice cream is delicious, especially the vanilla!
There are some visitor facilities at the entrance to the caves where you can find toilets and a restaurant. I had a sandwich here and a drink as that's all I wanted to eat for lunch but I think I remember them doing some hot Indian dishes as well.