CHINESE, Mumbai

by Willettsworld
    by ni3sgalave

Fire Bowl: Yummy Inexpensive Chinese

by Donna_in_India Updated Nov 21, 2009

Fire Bowl has a great variety of veg and non-veg Chinese food on its menu. Spicy and non-spicy dishes are available.

Good soups include Sweet Corn and Tom Yum. Good appetizers include Crispy or Crunchy Chicken, and Crispy Spinach Chicken. The menu also has various rice and noodle dishes. The main dishes are served dry or with "gravy"(sauce) and include chicken and seafood dishes as well as veg.

Portions are big enough for 2 - one order of rice and one main dish will serve 2. My favorites are Veg Fried Rice and Sweet Garlic Chicken (Dry).

Meal for 2 - $3-4.

Home delivery available.

• ni3sgalave's Profile Photo

MainLand China: Mumbai Best Chinese Spot

by ni3sgalave Written Nov 17, 2009

Mainland China in Andheri east is a really good chinese restaurant. The food tastes good and the prices arent sky high. I mean the prices are pretty decent if you intend to indulge once every 15 days. I have also taken visitor’s there and they have loved it, which means more browny points. The best thing i like about this restaurant is that they keep changing the menu at regular intervals. This means that even though I have been there almost every month for the last 3 years, I am yet to repeat a dish. The taste is really good if you want to try non-indianized chinese food. It is not a completely oriental experience for the taste buds, which I personally do not like, but still significantly different from indo-chinese cuisine. Skip the non-veg rice though. Instead order the veg-rice and a non veg entre/dish. Give it a go and you wont regret it.

Mainland China: The Best "Nicest" Chinese Restaurant

by Donna_in_India Written Nov 13, 2009

Mainland China is one of the nicest Chinese Restaurants in Mumbai. The decor and ambiance are really nice. It's a perfect place for a special evening. Food is consistently delicious and service is good.

Menu has a good selection of dishes: chicken, seafood, rice/noodles, dimsums, and desserts. Jasmine tea comes with your meal. Dishes are large enough to share.

Place can get a little noisy. And this location is at an extremely busy intersection. Check the website for additional locations in Mumbai.

Open 12:30 PM to 3:30 PM, 7:00 PM to 11:00 PM

Set priced lunch includes 5 courses, runs under $6

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Stomach II: One of My Favorites....

by Donna_in_India Updated Nov 13, 2009

Stomach II has been around for 20+ years. The restaurant is a nice garden cafe with a relaxing atmosphere. There are veg, non-veg, and Jain (no onions/no garlic) dishes available. The menu is color coded to designate mild/hot & spicy items.

Soups, Rice/Noodles (chowmein, chopsuey, etc.), chicken, veg, fish/prawn dishes round out the menu. My favorites are chicken lollipops and veg hakka noodles.

While you're waiting for your meal, munch on the very thin, fried crispy noodles brought to your table. Dipping sauces include Szechuan, Chilli Garlic, and my favorite, Sweet Garlic.

The original location - Stomach - is still open in Bandra.

Full meal for about $2.50-3.00 per person. Dishes are enough for two.

Delivery is available.

• bimalthakkar's Profile Photo

Golden Dragon: My favourite chinese restaurant

by bimalthakkar Written May 1, 2008

Golden Dragon serves one of the best chinese food. The preparations are so light and perfectly flavoured. Excellent Ambiece , very courteous and kind staff , excellent service , one of the exotic restaurants of Mumbai.
    Reservations are recommended , even on weekdays.

Favorite Dish: Excellent dim sums, soups , very exotic food

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

CHINESE: Ming Palace

by Willettsworld Written Dec 16, 2007

This is quite an upmarket and expensive Chinese restaurant located along Colaba Causeway Rd. I totally blew my budget here! In fact I ended up paying with my credit card which was the only time I used it to pay for food during my 4 month trip in India! It was worth every penny, however, as the food, service and atmosphere were all impeccable. After spending 10 weeks in India, Mumbai was the first place where I had beef and here I had beef in oyster sauce, rice for main course which was preceded by veggie spring rolls. There's more meat on the menu than veggie dishes with all the usual Chinese options such as lamb, chicken, beef, prawns etc plus ham which is a suprise! Great place and highly recommended.

11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.

• ladagspa's Profile Photo

CHINESE - Ling's Pavillion: Enjoy the Eathen Pot Rice with Mushroom

by ladagspa Written Dec 11, 2006

Nice interior and a very helpful staff.
    Had to wait for 15 minutes, as it was full. Thought the place must be a good joint.
    Went to the bar for some drinks. They were reasonably priced.
    Tried Buddha's Delight, was very tasty and nice flavour. shrimps very nicely cooked.

They take last order by 11pm.

Favorite Dish: Rice cooked in Earthen pot with mushroom...its yummy

• we2364's Profile Photo

Ling's Pavilion: My little Paradise in Mumbai

by we2364 Updated Apr 5, 2006

My sense of direction always lead me to the good places, such as this Chinese restaurant behind the Taj Hotel. I found here by accidently pasting by.

I was greatly welcomed by all of the restaurant staff, including the restaurant owner, a very kind Vietnamese lady. They not only made the excellent service for me, but also greeted me a lot.

I spent the last night in India here when I had to check out the hotel early and carried my backpack with me. Served by the restaurant staff with some delicious Chinese dim sum and vegetable, I was completely immersed into this little paradise. Everyone was smiling at me by asking me where I came from. When the Vietnamese lady knew that I travelled alone, she appraised how brave I was. When she knew that I intended to take the night train to the airport (because I really wanted to make my last India adventure), she worried about me. Then she asked me to wait. After a while, she came back and said to me: If you don't mind, let me introduce you some other people whom are going to the airport as well. In this way, you can share the taxi with them and it's safer for you as well. I was happily surprised. She then introduced me to two french girls whom also had the meal in the restaurant and we then made a very happy drive to the airport.

Is this a super happy end of my India trip? *_^

You should not miss this Chinese restaurant in Mumbai - because you will appreciate the Chinese culture here as well, warm-hearted and caring.

Favorite Dish: Chinese Dim Sum, Mixed Vegetable

• husain's Profile Photo

Mainland China: Excellent Chinese...

by husain Updated Apr 28, 2005

One of the good Chinese restaurants in Bombay...
    The portions are good as is the ambience.
    The one issue is the crazy Bombay traffic just outside the door. Sakinaka is one of Bombays most busy junctions. Parking could be an issue too. Though i believe there is an option of valet parking... the ambience and food will help counter the pains of getting in! Sometimes there is a queue to get in as well. So yes, it is popular...

• Amitu's Profile Photo

DYNASTY: WHERE EAST MEETS EAST

by Amitu Updated Jan 27, 2003

DYNASTY-located in the suburb of SantaCruz(w) on S.V. road, this restaurant boasts of a great ambience and excellent service. Everything on the menu is great.
    Dynasty is priced fairly reasonably. A full meal ( including an apetizer and soup (try the chicken tum-yum soup) would cost around Rs.500(~10 USD) for 2 people

Favorite Dish: PHOENIX CHICKEN (Also called Chicken taronest)- boneless chicken pieces cooked in medium-to-hot scheuwan gravy, placed in a fried potato nest.Must be taken with the veg-fried rice along with their special ice tea.

• wrldtravler's Profile Photo

Tiffin's: Triple Szechwan Fried Rice

by wrldtravler Updated Jan 21, 2003

Indian Chinese

Perhaps the Best Triple Szechwan I've ever tasted. It's a fairly decent restaurant. The decor isn't much, but the service is fast and cordial. The Seating is all outdoor, though under a roof so you'r well protected from any extreme weather. There's an old tree growing upwards through the seating area, which adds a nice twist, but by far it's the food that steals the show.
    There are good deserts available next door at PotPourri which can be ordered and eaten at Tiffin's itself.

Favorite Dish: They have good staple Chinese Food, the specials are iffy.. but what will make the trip memorable is the Triple Szechwan Fried Rice (chicken preffered). The portion is bigger than average and is good for two.

• conroh's Profile Photo

Pizza Hut,Salt and Pepper, The...

by conroh Written Aug 25, 2002

Pizza Hut,Salt and Pepper, The Sun-n-Sand , Woodlands to name a few offer thee best delicacies ,from sizzling hot to tantalising cold.
    Very cool and peacefule place to be to hang out with ur love d one.

Favorite Dish: Salt-N-Pepper-Steamy Chcken Singapore Noodles.

• Polly74's Profile Photo

CHINESE: Chinese at Leela Hotel

by Polly74 Written Mar 9, 2005

Great Wall is famed for its authentic Hunan cuisine, and reputed to be a favourite of the elite of Mumbai.

Favorite Dish: The fix menu they propose gives a complete taste of Chinese cuisine

Instant Answers: Mumbai