Central Telegraph Office, Mumbai
Built in the 1880s, this beautiful neo-Gothic building was Bombay's General Post Office until 1913 when the function was transferred to the existing edifice by Victoria Terminus. It became the Central Telegraph Office thereafter, but is now also an office building. In recent years, the historic building underwent a successful restoration to bring it to its former glory. The Central Telegraph Office is located on Veer Nariman Road (formerly Church Gate Street) by the Flora Fountain circle in the Fort/Kala Ghoda area.
This large building is another colonnial Raj-era building that dates from the late 19th century. It's located opposite the High Court near the Flora Fountain in the Fort area of southern Mumbai. The current Post Office, located near Victoria Terminus and built in 1913, replaced the building as the new GPO.