Taraporewala Aquarium, Mumbai
I would describe my disappointing experience just in few sentences, I went on last Sunday &
1) It started with waiting in an endless queue of 2 hours long under hot sun for ticket/ entry (different line for ticket)….!
2) Many families with their small tired kids gave up 1/2 way & left without watching the aquarium as they fall short of patience after waiting for an hour…!
3) After such a long patience testing queue what i got to see was just about 10 to 15 minutes aquarium which is just at the ground floor of such a huge building…! Ticket is 60/- per person & 30/- for kids which is no value for the money…!
4) Snaps shown on the web site are of the Singapore Aquarium & it has nothing to do with the Taraporewala Aquarium which actually miss guided almost 70 % of the visitors…!
5) From me its huge….NO….NO….NO….!
Small building. Bare tanks filled with filthy water. The worst thing was the final tank where they have two loggerhead turtles - an endangered species; the tank was tiny and filthy. Absolutely aweful to see. Please do not support this place by giving your money.
Taraporewala Aquarium is not worth a visit. The aquarium is very small and the few tanks are dirty with cloudy water. Not anything unusual in terms of sea life.
Can be very crowded with school children. A story has been floating for years that the aquarium is being sold and will be converted into an underwater oceanarium. I wouldn't recommend visiting until that happens.
Hours: 11am to 8pm on weekdays, 10 am to 8pm on Sunday.
Closed on Mondays.
This place was quite dissapointing - especially having queued in the 'heat' to buy a ticket, only to find that it wasn't the kind of 'Aquarium' that I was expecting. The place was very small, poorly lit and nearly all the tanks were full of dirty water, which is a shame because this meant that we couldn't view the marine life, properly.
Despite the cheap entry cost - not really worth the trip.
This Aquarium end of Marine drive u can see.Its not very big one.But one of the kind at Mumbai.I just had look of inside.They do have few rare fish collection.Entrance hall can see wale bones display.
Ohh It seems its favourite visting place for school kids,it was crowded,have to move one by one :)
Entrance is Rs4/timming coun't see properly .
Taraporewala Aquarium on Marine Drive has a good collection of sea and fresh water fish and other marine life. There is a proposal to convert this into an underwater oceanarium, where people can undertake an undersea walk, surrounded by marine life.
It is open on all days except Mondays.