Bhubaneshwar Transportation

by Willettsworld

Most Recent Transportation in Bhubaneshwar

Airport

by Willettsworld Written Aug 29, 2007

After visiting Puri and Konark, I came back to Bhubaneswar in order to fly back to Delhi so that I could start the Rajasthan leg of my India tour. The airport is served by all the major Indian airlines and they fly to most of the state capitals. It is a small airport and does get quite crowded if there are delays. I had a delay of 3 hours due to fog in Delhi. There is a large restaurant where I got chatting to a Belgian girl who was working a couple of hours away from Bhubaneswar as an engineer.

Bus to Puri

by Willettsworld Written Aug 29, 2007

To get to Puri I took a bus from outside the Orissa State Museum on Lewis Rd. This was handy as it was close to my hotel, Hotel Pushpak, and also as it saved me going all the way to the main bus station which is little way out from the city centre. The journey to Puri takes 1.25hrs and it cost Rs25.

Railway Station

by Willettsworld Written Aug 29, 2007

This is the main railway station in Bhubaneswar. I came to Bhubaneswar on the Falaknuma Express (No. 2703) from Kolkata (platform 20) which should have left at 7:20 but actually left half-an-hour late which was lucky for me as I had problems trying to find the platform at Howrah station in Kolkata. The journey took about 6.5 hours. I came back to this station in order to reserve another train. You can wait in line at the same window as women line up at as the window states: Women, VIP's, MP's, MLA (members of Legislative Assoc), Journalist and Foreign Tourists.

Temple tour

by Willettsworld Written Aug 29, 2007

I took an autorickshaw tour of the temples from outside my hotel (Hotel Pushpak). You'll certainly need some wheels of some sort as the temples are fairly spread out from one another. My tour around about 10 of them took a couple of hours and I gave my driver Rs200 for his time.

• Honest reliable auto rickshaw driver

by travelhol Written Apr 4, 2007

It is hot in Bhubaneswar, and the sights (mainly fantastic temples dating from the 10th c. and later) are spread out, so you need transportation to get there. We were very lucky to find an auto rickshaw driver outside our hotel (the OTDC Pantinivas on Lewis Road) who was honest, reliable, helpful, spoke some English and knew where all the temples we wanted to see were. He is regularly parked outside the Pantinivas Hotel at the taxi stand there. His mobile phone number is 9238818239. His auto rickshaw is new and clean and has vehicle number OR-02-AA7711. His name is Dhirendra Kanungo. We used him for 3 days in and around Bhubaneswar.

• Architecture

Instant Answers: Bhubaneshwar

Comments

Bhubaneshwar Transportation

Reviews and photos of Bhubaneshwar transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bhubaneshwar sightseeing.