ride the waves on a hand made fishing boat!
along many of beaches in orissa, especially in cities, you can find fishing boats lying along the beach. for a small sum that you can negotiate with the owner, a group of fisherman will take you for a ride into the sea. these are handmade boats, tied together with coir, and manually 'oar-ed', with lots of holes in the bottom! as you ride the waves, one of the fisherman is assigned to pail out the water seeping into the boat!! these guys usually take you fairly far out into the sea...
awesome fun... but not a ride for anyone with the faintest of sea sickness!!Related to:
- Sailing and Boating
State of Orissa Hotels
The hotel has 12 AC cottages in the back lawn facing the sea. It is surely a better stay than...more
I've stayed in Hiltons on five continents. Most offer good rooms and good service. The Trident...more
I went there with my family and stayed for 3 nights. The hotel is very good and sea view from Hotel...more
Top State of Orissa Hotels
- Puri Hotels
- 86 Reviews - 395 Photos
- Bhubaneshwar Hotels
- 44 Reviews - 162 Photos
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
- Get up to 75% Discount.
- HotelTravel.com Book now and save time & money! For the perfect trip, just click!
Explore the World
- Pulau Beras Basah Hotels
- Ko Samui
- Watergrasshill Hotels
- Kota Kinabalu
- Wallan Hotels
- Tobermory Hotels
- Ireland Off The Beaten Path
- Destin Off The Beaten Path
- Cabo San Lucas Off The Beaten Path
- Missouri Off The Beaten Path
- Montreal Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Berlin
- Thailand Off The Beaten Path
- South Carolina Off The Beaten Path
- Asheville Off The Beaten Path
- Florence Off The Beaten Path
- Pisa Off The Beaten Path
- Puerto Rico Off The Beaten Path