Puri Restaurants

Peace Restaurant
    Puri
    Puri

Most Recent Restaurants in Puri

• pahala(a small village near bhubaneswar)...: U thought u loved rasagolla/rasgulla,think again..

by mformilano Written Jul 10, 2008

YUMMO

Rasagolla/rasgulla was invenetd in puri, and the best rasagaollas on planet earth are sold at a small village ,pahala near the state capital. These are very different from the white spongy stuff ...these are the real deal!!!....pure heaven!!!.....these samll heavenly sweets have very little shelf life,but when they are pipping hot and fresh(especially in the evenings...around 7'0 clock in the evening)...these just melt in your mouth...so if you happen to be in puri or bhubaneswar....try these out....u will thank me for the rest fo your lives!!!

Favorite Dish: rasagollas..YUMMO...and try the chenna poda (cheesecake baked in a clay oven) and yummy chenna gaja(deep fried cheese balls dumped in a real thick sugar syrup) too!!!

• Sri Jagannath Mandir: Dont miss "ABHADA" (Sri Jagannath's prasad) inside

by mformilano Updated Jul 10, 2008

Awesome Puri Dali

The food cooked inside the temple and offered to Lord Jagganath has a history of more than 1000 years!!!.The process itself is very interesting . But any visitor to puri should try the abhada atleast once. The wide array of lentils,vegetables and rice that one can get in a meal here is amazing!!!
    p.s. Most hotels arrange to get the Mahaprasad from the temple ,so you could talk to your hotel manager to arrange for the same.

Favorite Dish: Each and everything : meetha anna(sweet rice) ,dali(the yummy thick dal) , saaga (greens),Besara (mix of vegetables in a mustard based sauce), Potal rasa(parwal cooked in a cocunut sauce),khata(chutney) , khira(cottage cheese in the thickened & sweetend milk sauce),etc,etc.The khira is a must try. Puri is very famous for its khira and there are lots of places inside he city where you can get real good khira...but the one that you get inside the temple is also equally good.There is a small shop in ananda bazar(inside the temple)...where u get pretty good khira....

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

German Bakery: Great little place!

by Willettsworld Written Oct 1, 2007

This place became a complete god-send for me as it helped me recover from my bout of Delhi-belly. I first came here for lunch after I had just arrived and checked in at my hotel. I had a Chicken burger which took 45 minutes as they bake the bread rolls for the burger out of Tibetan bread. I then came here every morning for breakfast which they do as either a set price menu of different items or as individual items. I always had their wonderful fresh fruit salad breakfasts with coffee and fresh orange juice which really helped cure my illness and gave me some fresh fruit into my diet which was missing as the fruit in India doesn't look all that appealing. I also met up with an Irish couple here who moved into my hotel and we went to Konark together for the day. You'll meet other fellow backpackers and travellers as it is a popular place. The cakes/pastries are also well worth buying. The only downside is that it's very small with only a few tables and small chairs so it gets a bit squashed.

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Green Lane Garden Restaurant: Great seafood!

by Willettsworld Written Oct 1, 2007

This restaurant was located just opposite my hotel in Puri close to the Z Hotel which is popular with backpackers. I had been unwell for about a week before I arrived in Puri and was still a little delicate. I'm not a huge fish fan but I came here twice for seafood. The first time I had kingfish and chips - fish was grilled with garlic and was pretty good. The fish supplier came over when I was looking at the menu and I had wanted the king prawns but he said that they would have them tomorrow. So I decided to come here the following night for the prawns which I prayed wouldn't make me unwell again! Luckily they didn't and were a real different treat and a break from curry. They cost between Rs100-Rs150.

• lotharscheer's Profile Photo

Peace Restaurant: A Hippie time leftover

by lotharscheer Written Dec 11, 2012
    Peace Restaurant

In a covered garden you get Muesli, Pancakes, Fish, Prawns and Indian food aou bwill sit there with other travelers

Favorite Dish: Fish in spicy souce

Instant Answers: Puri

Comments

Puri Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Puri restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Puri sightseeing.