Bikaner Restaurants

Best Rated Restaurants in Bikaner

• RAJASTHANBYCAR's Profile Photo

Hotel Harsar Haveli Resturant: Hotel Harsar Haveli Bikaner

by RAJASTHANBYCAR Updated Jul 13, 2006

The resturant on the third floar of the hotel offers good Veg and Non Veg Indian and Chinese food in addition to a beautiful view of Bikaner Fort.
    The price are seasonble and the portions are big when compared to other hotel restaurants. They have room service and serve Beer and lassis.

Fort View from the Resturant

• AndreSTGT's Profile Photo

Hotel Bhanwar Niwas: Decadent breakfast

by AndreSTGT Written Oct 23, 2005

This recommendation is not about the food, but about the atmosphere.
    Spending some time in this beautiful haveli in Bikaner's old city is like stepping back in time and it's a very inexpensive way to feel like a royalty.

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Ganesh Hotel & Restaurant: Excellent Local Food!

by Donna_in_India Written May 13, 2015

After leaving Konark, we were in search of another restaurant. We walked along Station Road and came to Ganesh. It was packed with locals, always a good sign, so we headed in. The service was good and the food was even better. I had Jeera Aloo, Butter Naan, and Rosgulla….yummmm!! The menu was varied and prices were reasonable. I’d definitely recommend stopping in for a meal.

Jeera Aloo at Ganesh Restaurant Ganesh Restaurant

• RAJASTHANBYCAR's Profile Photo

Laxmi Niwas palace: Laxmi Niwas palace

by RAJASTHANBYCAR Updated Apr 8, 2007

You can have Dinner in the beautiful garden restaurant of this luxury hotel, enjoing a really wonderful show of Rajasthani music and dance.The dancer dances on Nails, on swords and finally on broken glass!
    The food from the buffet is very good and there is a large choice of Indian and Europeau dishes, both salted and sweet.
    The service is very good.All-you-can-eat at about Rs 800 per persons.

Resturant Laxmi Niwas Palace Dance Fire Dance
    • Seniors
    • Theater Travel

• suziezed's Profile Photo

Gallops Coffee House and Restaurant: Great coffee and decor

by suziezed Written Dec 4, 2006

Just across from the Fort's entrance is this elegant but comfortable restaurant/coffeehouse with an espresso machine and more importantly staff that know how to use it. I had Americanos during my two visits but another foreign tourist said her Iced Latte was delicious. I also had a very nice veg pulao. An Americano is 30 Rs and mochas, lattes and the like are in the 50-70 Rs range. Sure, this is more than you'll pay for a cup of Nescafe :) but I figure it's worth it.

The place is simply furnished and has rustic wooden floors and a section with comfy leather couches and coffee tables. They just need to get a few newspapers and magazines tossed around and it would be even better.

Favorite Dish: Coffee, coffee and more coffee.

• suziezed's Profile Photo

Masala Dosa Cart: Inexpensive, yummy street food

by suziezed Written Dec 4, 2006

Look for this cart selling excellent, freshly-made-before-your-eyes masala dosas across from the Fort. This cart is always busy with the locals crowding around 3 deep waiting on dosas. For 15Rs you get a masala dosa, sambar, coconut chutney and some weird red sauce that I didn't eat (goodness knows what it was).

Watching him make the dosa is half the fun!

Favorite Dish: Masala dosa - crispy on the outside, chewy and soft on the inside. Spicy filling. Yummy, peppy sambar and cooling coconut chutney.

Konark: Avoid This One!

by Donna_in_India Written May 13, 2015

We were taking a break from the Camel Festival and decided to go have lunch. We ended up across from the train station at Konark. Konark is a vegetarian restaurant located in a small shopping complex. We broke our own rule about eating in an empty restaurant. The fact that the power was off (not so unusual in India) should have been our second clue. My only excuse was that we were really hungry. 

We ordered our food, which came out pretty quickly. A couple bites in and we decided to leave. The food was really awful. My dosa tasted “old”. I’d avoid Konark!

Konark Restaurant

Harasar Haveli: Rajasthani Cuisine

by Donna_in_India Written May 13, 2015

We were on our way from Junagarh Fort to the Camel Research Center. We had a guide that we hadn’t gotten at the Fort coming along to be our guide at the Camel Center and asked him for a suggestion for lunch. We ended up at Harasar Haveli, which is a hotel and restaurant. The restaurant had rooftop and inside seating. The menu had traditional Rajasthani dishes as well as other cuisines. I had egg bhurji, which was very good (probably the best I’ve had in India, with the exception of my husband’s). The service was good and we had a pleasant lunch.

Egg Bhurji at Harasar Haveli Harasar Haveli

Bhanwar Niwas: Best Meals in Bikaner

by Donna_in_India Written May 13, 2015

This happened to be where we were staying but the restaurant in our haveli deserves a recommendation for dinner. The haveli itself is stunning and worth a visit.

The restaurant serves traditional Rajasthani vegetarian dishes. Everything is freshly made and there is a fixed dinner menu. One of my favorites was pumpkin soup, aubergine, dal, rice, and a sweet dish. You can sit in the dining room or in the hall overlooking the courtyard. Service is excellent.

Dinner was pricey at Rs 1700 for two but I would highly recommend having dinner here.

Dinner is usually served between 7:30 and 9:30. Reservations are essential. Enjoy a drink in the beautiful courtyard before dinner!

Dining Room at Bhanwar Niwas

Instant Answers: Bikaner

Comments

Bikaner Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bikaner restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bikaner sightseeing.