Bundi Local Customs

• tremendopunto's Profile Photo

Cows for garbage disposal

by tremendopunto Updated Oct 22, 2006

garbage disposal by cows

You always see a lot of garbage in Indian streety. The reason why there is not even more trash to see is that cows eat up nearly everything! They not only give milk and produce fire material (dried cow dung) for the poor - they also clean the streets. They really are holy animals, doing the best for society!

Local Guide in Bundi

by Canadienne Updated Apr 20, 2003

Kesave

We arranged for our local guide through the Hotel Haveli Braj Bhushanjee. His name was Kesave and I would recommend asking for him. He was wonderfully entertaining, well-historied in his town and a incredibly kind man; I was told a couple of times that I reminded him of his daughter.

• Castles and Palaces

A Warm Welcome in Bundi

by Canadienne Updated Apr 16, 2003

Women in Bundi

One of the things I noted in North India, in comparison to the South, was how withdrawn the women were. I understand the modesty behind it, but it was frustrating as a traveler, when the thing I most wanted to do was make contact (a smile, a nod, any kind of exchange).

Immediately upon entering Bundi, I could sense a different response. . .I had smiles from women, young and old. It is a very welcoming town.

• Women's Travel

Calling Home from India

by Canadienne Written Apr 16, 2003

STD/ISD/PCO Telephone Sign

There are loads in Internet cafes in India. . .in fact, I can only think of a handful of towns where I didn't at least pass by one. If you do feel the need to make a phone call though, you'll be looking for these three letters ~ ISD.

You'll go into a booth, office or corner of a busy room and be allowed to make a call. Cash payment is the only thing accepted. . .although another cheaper option, allowed in some ISD's, is to have the person call you back. You'll be charged much less for this.

Telephone calls from hotel rooms are troublesome and I found them to not be worth the hassle. Lines were poor, interrupted or perpetually busy.

Instant Answers: Bundi

Comments

Bundi Local Customs

Reviews and photos of Bundi local customs posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bundi sightseeing.