Chittaurgarh Transportation

The Road to Chittor
    by lynnehamman
    Daulat, our driver. Safe & Friendly.
    by lynnehamman
  • Aya, there is still plenty of space for some more!
    Aya, there is still plenty of space for...
    by tremendopunto

Most Recent Transportation in Chittaurgarh

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

On the Road to Chittor

by lynnehamman Updated Oct 15, 2008

The easist & quickest way to get to Chittorgarh from Udaipur is by car. Taxis can be arranged at any hotel or tourist office.Cost is around R2000 for the trip. Its about a 2 hour trip, and the roads are good. There are chai stops along the way, where one can have a chai & chat with the local people.
    There are also trains from Udaipur, which leave at 5.45am and arrive at Chittor at 7.45am. On arrival by train, autorickshaws can transport to the Fort.
    Buses run daily from Udaipur, but they are slow, ponderous, not too clean & unreliable

The Road to Chittor Daulat, our driver. Safe & Friendly.
    • Castles and Palaces

• tremendopunto's Profile Photo

Bus from Udaipur to Chitto and Chitto to Bundi

by tremendopunto Updated Aug 24, 2006

From Chittogarh to Bundi it takes only 5h.
    From Udaipur it is even less, just 2,5h.

Busses are really tiny, so I tried to sit in the back where I could stretch out my legs....but in the back you get the highest bonebreaking airjumps. If you find enough space, always try to sit in the middle, so you feel the jumps not so hard....

Aya, there is still plenty of space for some more!

• herzog63's Profile Photo

Bicycle

by herzog63 Written Jun 28, 2003

For me I think the Bicycle is a great way to get around Chittaurgarh. Although the ride up to the Fort is quite tough. But once you are up there it is fairly flat for riding around. There was a couple places renting them in 85 when I was there and it was cheap. I don't have an address and actually I never new the address. We came back down the hill after dark and the town looked so different. We had a hard time finding the place that we rented the bicycles from!! It was comical watching us ride around asking directions to the place! They made us give up our passports. I know some of you will say "I would never give up my passport for a bicycle rental" Well we did and got them back. hahaha

Bicycle Riding in Chittaurgarh
    • Trains

Instant Answers: Chittaurgarh

Comments

Chittaurgarh Transportation

Reviews and photos of Chittaurgarh transportation posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Chittaurgarh sightseeing.