Related State of Rajasthan Favorites Tips

Most Viewed Favorites in State of Rajasthan

Blue Houses of Jodhpur

by herzog63 Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: You can get a good view of the Blue Houses of Jodhpur from the Meherangarh Fort! It is a pretty nice experience to wander around the houses also. The people were pretty friendly and I had a great time! The kids can be a little bothersome at times but just have fun with it!

Jodhpur

Jodhpur Fort

by herzog63 Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: The Jodhpur Fort is called the Meherangarh or Majestic Fort! It deserves it's name. I spent some time hanging around the fort and writing some letters home from the edge of the fort. In the mornings when all is calm and your sitting on the edge of the walls you can hear the voices of the locals travelling across the city and rise right up to you. It is quite magical! It was for me anyway! You will see lot's of houses all painted in a beautiful blue that used to signifiy the home of a Brahmin. But now I think it is a city identity. It does make the city look nice though!.

Meherangarh Fort

Jagniwas Island - Udaipur

by herzog63 Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: I didn't actually go out to the island as it is the home of a Luxury Hotel but it looked cool anyway. It might be a nice place to stay if you've got the cash! Part of the James Bond Film Octopussy was filmed here!

Jagniwas Island
    • Spa and Resort

City Palace in Udaipur

by herzog63 Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: The City Palace of Udaipur is a great place to spend a few hours. There are museums within the grounds to check out also.

Fondest memory: You gotta love the Peacocks that you can find all over the State of Rajasthan! At the City Palace you can see some beautiful mosiacs of peacocks.

City Palace Udaipur

Hawa Mahal

by herzog63 Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: The face of Hawa Mahal just mesmorized me!! Something about the Pink sandstone I guess. I just hung out in front and watch the camel carts, rickshaws, ox carts and every other means of transportation pass by. It was a great couple of hours!! It is right on Tripolia Bazaar so there are lot's of things happening! I loved this part of India. It was just non-stop action!! After I left here as I was walking away a guy on an ox cart came by and offered me a ride and I wasn't really going anywhere. (I love to wander) So I hopped on. I rode for about 30 minutes. We had a fun chat. No English for him and no Hindi for me but we had a good chat!! After the 30 minutes I had to get off as we were heading out of town and I didn't want to get to lost!

Hawa Mahal Jaipur

• RAJASTHANBYCAR's Profile Photo

Incredible Transport

by RAJASTHANBYCAR Written Sep 4, 2008

Favorite thing: This auto taxi driver, i think he don't find much people in his auto, so he bring cow;s with the people.

Auto Taxi

• RAJASTHANBYCAR's Profile Photo

Lassi

by RAJASTHANBYCAR Updated Jul 12, 2006

Favorite thing: Natural yogurt is churned to remove the butter content for the making of Lassi or buttermilk a cooling summer beverage.

Fondest memory: Banana Lassi, Makhina Lassi.

Lassiwala Jaipur Hot Milk
    • Seniors

Jantar Mantar (Observatory)

by herzog63 Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: This is a cool place as it is filled with oversized instruments for measuring time, stars charts etc.... Well worth a visit! One of the coolest is the 27 meter high sundial!

Jantar Mantar

Jaipur The Pink City

by herzog63 Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: This is a typical street scene that I saw in Jaipur. I loved just wandering around. I wish now that I would have taken more photos!!

Jaipur street scene

1 Hotel
Jaitaran Hotels
See nearby hotels

Instant Answers: State of Rajasthan

Comments

State of Rajasthan Favorites

Reviews and photos of State of Rajasthan favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for State of Rajasthan sightseeing.
Map of State of Rajasthan