Jaisalmer Nightlife

• alexandria08's Profile Photo

At the Desert

by alexandria08 Written Feb 13, 2009

Music session.

I had spent the night in the Sam desert, in a mud hut and then in a Swiss Tent. I must say it is one of the best experiences of my life. The mud huts and the Swiss Tents both have all the necessary washroom/ toilet facilities and electricity as well. But the best part is it retains the simplicity of the traditional Rajasthani lifestyle in thatched huts.

The Swiss style tents are a bit lavish when compared to mud huts. But its fun neverthelss. Additionally, the evening is spent in being audience to traditional Rajasthani music and Kalbeliya dance style along with snacks and tea. You can join in with the dancers as well.

The dinner again is typical Rajasthani, with the "dal-baati-chhurma" and "rajsthani kadi" et al.

• AKHTARSAYYAD's Profile Photo

roof top: folk dances

by AKHTARSAYYAD Written Sep 21, 2008

In Jaisalmer, on the roof top of the hotels u can have a dance party performance by local folk parties .......folk songs listening feast....
    the hotel woners arrenge folk dances on the roof of the hotel top and we can see the dance by paying in advanceand can have food with that . The girls sings and at the same time dance with good gyrations of their body.

Dress Code: any good dress.

• Music
    • Theater Travel

• dkphabiyani's Profile Photo

Tent: Campfire

by dkphabiyani Written Jan 6, 2007

Well you must book a night camps in sam so you can enjoy the nightlife in jaisalmer along with campfire and rajasthani folk dance.

Dress Code: Well I would suggest to wear some traditional dress so that you can do dance with them and enjoy the cultural life of Rajasthan

• RAJASTHANBYCAR's Profile Photo

Puppets Show: Puppets Show

by RAJASTHANBYCAR Updated Jul 20, 2005

Horse and Horse Rider

One hour Puppets show every day in the evening.
    1 Ganesh Pooja

• Theater Travel

• jmackey's Profile Photo

Trio - restaurant with a view: Fortress view at night

by jmackey Updated Dec 2, 2004

In the evening, try and select a place to eat that has a view of the fortress which is lit with lights making a beautiful backdrop.

I went with friends to Trio, which is considered the best restaurant in town with good reviews from Lonely Planet and Frommers Guide.

The food is good, catering for tourists and rich locals. The view is fantastic, so try and reserve an outside table upstairs looking towards the fort.

• Castles and Palaces
    • Photography

• herzog63's Profile Photo

Abandoned Village: Wild New Years Eve Party!!!

by herzog63 Written Jun 27, 2003

Abandoned Village

On our last day fo the camel trek sometime about mid-afternoon we could see a stream of dust coming across the desert. After a while this stream of dust approached us. It was M.S. the Hotel Owner. He asked us if we wanted to join him for a New Years Celebration. Well my attitude was "How much is this going to cost"? And he said Free hmmm....sounds like a great deal to me!! So we had to make our way across the desert and get back to town by early evening so we couldn be hauled back out into the desert by Jeep! M.S. wasn't joking! He had all kinds of food set up on tables! The alcohol was flowing in the form of Desert Moonshine! And other mind altering appetisers were there too! After a great night of having way to much fun I woke up in the morning face down in the sand and not inside my sleeping bag! Needless to say I don't do wild stuff like that anymore!!

• Desert

• herzog63's Profile Photo

The Great Thar Desert: Listening to the nighttime sounds of the desert

by herzog63 Written Jun 27, 2003

Evening in the desert

In the evening all we did was tell stories or listen to the stories and then listen to the dogs or coyotes howl. Staring at the stars was a favorite pasttime too! We could see many satelites passing overhead

Dress Code: You will want a warm sweater or light jacket. I remember now that I put the wrong information into one of my tips!! I didn't have a sweatshirt with me!! I had a shawl type wrap that the locals used that's what I wore around my shoulders in the evening before climbing into my sleeping bag. Sorry but this trip was 1985...I'm having fun building this page as I'm reliving the trip in my mind!!
    Here in the photo you can see the moon and the camels are starting to bed down for the evening.

• Desert

• Carino's Profile Photo

Fort at night: Fort at night

by Carino Written Apr 21, 2007

Fort at night

Check out on of the roof top restaurants (e.g. Little Italy) or hotels (e.g. Killa Bhawan) to get a great view on the fort at night.

Dress Code: Long Sleaves to avoid mosquito bites

• Castles and Palaces

• o00o's Profile Photo

Having dinner on roof top and...

by o00o Written Sep 17, 2002

Having dinner on roof top and with the Jaisalmer Fort with light up at the back, words are needless..

Instant Answers: Jaisalmer

Comments

Jaisalmer Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Jaisalmer nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jaisalmer sightseeing.