Saving oneslf from the uv!
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Its necessary to carry a pair of sunglasses and sunscreen lotion. Additionally, I managed well with a Rajasthani 'Bandhni' dupatta or scarf. It gave me the traditional look as well saved me from the sun. Even in Jan-Feb, the days can be real hot. But then the nights are chilly. So woolens is a must in winter, as well as some summer clothes for the day.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: I asked my driver about a medical shop, and he told me that its some miles away. People is the desert scarcely fall ill. Medicines shops are very few (given that I was staying near the market), compared to any big city! No pollution, blue sky, green grass (yeaa, I did see them in Jaisalmer) definitely has something to do with this. So, its good not to depend and carry your own medicines.
Miscellaneous: When in desert camel safari, its good to keep a water bottle because dehydration happens even before you notice.
What to take to Jaisalmer
Luggage and bags: A SMALL BACK-PACK FOR DAY TRIP INTO THE DESERT
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: A SPORTS BRA!!!!! If you go into the desert and ride a camel- believe me, its an essential item to wear.
A JACKET- THE DESERT IS COLD AT NIGHT
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: SUNSCREEN
- Arts and Culture
- Historical Travel
Packing list for camel trek
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Take as little as possible on your camel trek. I went on a 2-day trek and took my small day pack with the following things:
1. Camera (essential)
2. Water bottle - water is provided
3. Torch - there's no light at your overnight stop. Also helps your guide out as well.
5. Another change of clothes (especially if going on a 3-day trek)
6. Warm top (as it gets a little cool at night)
7. Cushions to sit on whilst on the camel
8. Any snack food (although we were well fed)
Loose clothes are a must
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Take a hat - you will be in the middle of the desert. Also if goig camel trekking make sure to take loose but sturdy clother and wear boxer shorts in preference to other types of underwear (even the girls) to avoid "nappy rash"
- Adventure Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates