Jaisalmer Restaurants

unique view of fort
    by aleymilano

Best Rated Restaurants in Jaisalmer

• aadil's Profile Photo

Poolside Bar Beque: Restaurant by the poolside!!!

by aadil Written Jun 25, 2004

Candle light dinners by the poolside!!!

Nice restaurant by the poolside with a candle light dinner under the stars for all kinds of local Rajasthani and Indian dishes. A few continental dishes were also available!!! About Rs.1000/- for a meal for two persons. Quite filling and sumptous food!!! Chocolate mousse for dessert in the desert!!!

• Spa and Resort

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

Trio Restuarant: Good Food, Music & Ambiance

by lynnehamman Updated Oct 25, 2011

The tent-roofed Trio restuarant was a real surpise. We ate all our meals there, and it was always crowded. It has indoor eating area area, and an outdoor one, which was more popular. Table s had bright red tablecloths, and seating was comfortable. Service is quick, but relaxed, and the menu , although mainly vegetarian, was quite varied. All the food was delicious.
    At night, the place really comes alive...........live Rajasthani Folk music, with singers, play until well after midnight. Another great feature is the fact that although it gets busy, there is not any pressure to hurry ones meal. The restuarant is in a good area, just on Gandhi Chowk.

Favorite Dish: Vegetarian Thali

Top Deck: Top service

Us :)

We headed here on New Years Eve, they had arranged for live Rajasthani music whic was a nice touch. The owner himself waited on us as we arrived early to an empty floor. He was extremely polite and served a sumptuous meal apart from which he sourced some White wine and some sweet from outside his restaurant to ensure we had a memorable time! A good view of some typical Rajasthan Markets was an added bonus!

Favorite Dish: Macaroni & cheese as well as veg pakoras

Little Italy: Little Italy- Bright & Colorful

Service on the terrace

Good italian food, relaxed service, inside the fort with an awesome view, terrace service also available and an awesome alsation dog!! What more could we ask for!?? :D Truly good experience, however head here only if you are in no hurry, the service is slow!

Favorite Dish: Veggie pizza and Penne pasta

• herzog63's Profile Photo

The camel drivers: Hmmm....................

by herzog63 Written Jun 27, 2003

Local Chefs???

The food that was prepared for us was really quite terrible as the camel guys assumed that we were not going to eat local food!! They brought along bread for toasting or burning on the open fire and tried preparing us some sort of french fry type fried potatoe...Well I love Indian food so they could have cooked me up some sort of Curried Gruel and I would have been happy. Before I left on the trek I didn't even think to ask what we would be eating. The Trek owner M.S. just said we would be eating 3 meals per day with a couple of snacks!! I assumed Chapatis and lentels! Cheap and easy!! If you go on an extended trek I recommend you ask what you might be eating.

Favorite Dish: Here in the photo you can see the guys preparing our breakfast. The Chai was pretty good though. I'm not one to complain about much. I always find it funny that they assumed we wouldn't like local food. I guess they have had others complain about local food. Well, I have to admit I was one of those on my first asian trip to Thailand but I soon learned to love and devour local food!!

• WaRPer's Profile Photo

Natraj Restaurant: Fast, delicious int'l dishes

by WaRPer Updated Apr 1, 2008

Natraj Restaurant

This is one of the best meals we had on the entire trip. Natraj Restaurant located outside Jaisalmer Fort. Just about 300 Meters away from the fort’s entrance, close to Salim Singhki Haveli (there’s another Natraj but inside the fort – that one’s a fake.) Natraj serves Indian and Chinese dishes, the fav one is fried-chicken. It’s not that cheap comparing to Indian standard, but the food equality is extremely pleasing.

Favorite Dish: We had chicken biryani, veg fried-rice, veg chowmien and mushroom masala with garlic naan and all turned out to be really good.

• satchmo1963's Profile Photo

Saffron Restaurant: Briliant for the taste buds

by satchmo1963 Written Dec 8, 2008

View of the fort from Saffron Restaurant

Colourful awnings, perfect lighting and friendly staff at Saffron welcome you. The restaurant is part of Nachana Haveli, but non-residents at the Haveli are welcome to savour the fare at Saffron. The rooftop location provides a stunning view of Jaisalmer Fort. I recommend this place especially for dinner, when the view of an illuminated fort can transport you instantly to magic-land.

Talented children from the locality form a colourful, jivey folk band to keep you entertained with their rustic, rhythmic music set in the evenings. Try determining how they play the khartaal!

Favorite Dish: Laal Maans (i.e. red meat) with tandoori roti is a must for the non-vegetarians. The chicken curry with steamed rice is also quite decent.

If you happen to saunter in on any morning, have a shot at their honey pancakes. Quite sublime!

• Archeology

• satchmo1963's Profile Photo

A flavour of Tibet, at Jaisalmer

by satchmo1963 Updated Dec 10, 2008

Once you are done with your walkaround inside Jaisalmer Fort, return to the main courtyard where you commenced. Sprinkled around the edges of this square are a host of eateries. Some of them offer open air seats for you to watch the world go by as you munch your edibles.
    One such joint, at this square, proclaims its sympathies for the `Free Tibet' cause, which you will find written on the wall just outside its entrance. Work your way up the narrow, steep, stoned stairs, and plonk yourself at a vantage to watch the crowd.

Favorite Dish: This eatery serves piping hot steamed momos (vegetarian and chicken). Ten pieces of such momos, served with an appropriately red hot dip, set me back by INR 70. Wash it down with a bottle of Coke. A satisfying experience awaits......

• AndreSTGT's Profile Photo

Various: Where to eat and where not to eat

by AndreSTGT Written Oct 23, 2005

Haveli

There are many places to eat in Jaisalmer, in the old fort, as well as outside.

Restaurants to avoid are IMHO :
    The Refreshing Rooftop Restaurant (bland tourist food) and the Hotel Simla Restaurant (the worst Pakoras in India!).

Really good food can be had at the simple and inexpensive Little Tibet inside the fort, and in the more upmarket Restaurant Trio in the Old Town.

Junction palace: Junction Palace- Flies Away

The restaurant

Too many flies in this place for our liking, the only reason we went here is beacause it came as complimentary with our Room in Hotel Milan. However we didn't repeat the mistake twice. Poor service, good food, too many flies!

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Natraj Restaurant: Excellent meat dishes

by Willettsworld Written Nov 24, 2007

I walked past this restaurant and saw a sign saying "Roast Lamb" and listing other western meat dishes. Being English, I thought I was seeing a mirage as finding anywhere in India selling roast anything is a bit rare and so after 2 months in India I had to sample it. The roast lamb was wonderful, just like you get back home and came with fresh potatoes and vegetables! I ordered hot apple pie and ice cream for dessert. It was so good that I came back again and had roast chicken and a hot fudge nut sundae expecting it to come in a tall glass but it arrived on a small saucer and didn't look all that much. I said to the manager that a sundae should be in a tall glass and he said if I wanted a banana split instead to which I replied that I did. It came in a tall glass! Doh! Oh well. It wasn't that good as it had pure strawberry jam in the bottom which was far to sweet and sickly too eat but this place is brilliant!

• mantru's Profile Photo

Chandan shree: heavy diet

by mantru Written Dec 9, 2007

If you are among them who is not satisfied with the normal thali go to Chandan shree the veg thali is great with soft buttered chapatis two vegetables and dal eat away to glory as they will refill your plate as soon as you are over with one........i liked the simple thali.....

• Waxbag's Profile Photo

Rhman's Camel Safari with Samrat Guesthouse: The Desert Kitchen

by Waxbag Written Nov 22, 2005

Desert Kitchen with Rhman Khan

This isn't a restaurant but an experience. Take a camel safari ride out of Jaisalmer and experience life in the desert. This includes eating as the village people eat. Chipatti, dahl, rice, subji (curry vegetables) and lots of chai are on the menu.

It is really facinating watching them cook with only a fire and a few utensiles. They make great hot dishes in a flash. Then they clean up the dishes by using sand. It's facinating and highly recommended.

• Safari

• toonhut's Profile Photo

The results are in.: Trio vs. Desert Boy Dhani

by toonhut Written May 6, 2010

Inside the cool Dhani, overlooking their garden

So many people and sources have given Trio exultant reviews and a some for Desert Boy too. Although it might not be fair to compare but if I had to choose one, it would be Desert Boy!

Both have excellent views of the fort; Trio from the roof, Desert Boy from its garden. What makes Desert Boy stand out is the prime reason for a restaurant in the first place: the food. The dishes at Trio were a tad subdued I suppose, whereas the preparation at Boy felt more.. daring, and true to the cuisine.

By the way, I'm not sure how Saffron's (another new popular place a stone's throw from Trio) main course is but if there Honey Pancakes are anything to go by, it's certainly worth a try. It's cute how it's in the dessert section of the menu.

Favorite Dish: Mushroom Paneer at Desert Boy Dhani!

• Castles and Palaces

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

No meat inside fort?: All vegetarian

by Willettsworld Written Nov 24, 2007

Very rare meet within the fort!

I'm a bit of a carnivore but I think meat is completely off any of the menus within the fort. I didn't see any mention of meat in the few places I ate at. I suppose it may have something to do with the Jain Temples within the fort or something but if you're hankering after meat then your best bet is to try some of the restaurants outside the fort, such as the Natraj (see next tip).

Instant Answers: Jaisalmer

Comments

Jaisalmer Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Jaisalmer restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Jaisalmer sightseeing.