Kanniyakumari Restaurants

Hotel Hari, Kanyakumari
  • Hotel Hari, right next to Skyhigh Internet
    Hotel Hari, right next to Skyhigh...
  • Fried fish, chapati and curry. Kanyakumari
    Fried fish, chapati and curry....

Most Recent Restaurants in Kanniyakumari

Hotel Hari: Hot, Fried Fish

Hotel Hari, Kanyakumari

Again, like Hotel Dev, don't get taken in by the 'hotel' bit. It is a small, local restaurant. There are a number of such restaurants along that road, all in the same line as Hotel Hari. I think what captured my attention was the way the fried fish looked.

We decided to drop in, and have fried fish, chapatis, and curry. We weren't disappointed. The fish was out of the world! The restaurant staff were very amused (my friend and i looked really out of place), but they were very friendly and helpful and eager to please.

As all street food goes, this place was also inexpensive.

Favorite Dish: The fried fish!

Hotel Dev: Your evening snack in a chai shop

Hotel Dev, Kanyakumari

Don't be taken in by the 'hotel' bit. In Tamil Nadu we tend to use 'hotel' instead of 'restaurant'.

Anyways, this isn't even a restaurant, but a shack just opposite Gandhi Mandapam. But, oh my, their bajjis and vadais were amazing and out of the world. Very friendly people. They don't speak English, but all you have to do is point and ask. Make sure they are serving the bajjis (big chilli, onion, raw banana) and vadais are hot.

I'm not much of a tea drinker, but you can ask for their chai. My friend said it was good.

The price is very cheap.

I think they also serve dinner here, but we decided to check out some other place.

Sangam Restaurant: Walk Right Past Sangam Restaurant

Sangam Restaurant, Kanyakumari

First of all, this place was really crowded. Secondly, there was no one asking us if we wanted to eat there, or advising us to wait for a table to clear. And then things only got worse.

After waiting a while, and asking the people in charge, we managed to get a table which we shared with another couple of people. We were given an menu, and then waited a long while before someone came to take the order. Lo and behold! They didn't have most of the things on the menu. Finally, we asked them what it is that they have, we ordered biryani and some fried rice. Food arrived after another long wait. And, it wasn't worth the wait.

We devoured it, nonetheless, because we were hungry. Even before we could finish, we were hounded by in-coming customers waiting for tables.

The food wasn't worth the cost either. So, please feel free to ignore this place. The smaller, road-side joints were much better in taste and in service.

We primarily chose this place for lunch because we wanted to use the rest room. The rest room was okay.

• traceyspacey's Profile Photo

Hotel Sea View: Interesting Reshmi Kebab

by traceyspacey Written Mar 12, 2008

There isn't a great choice of places to eat in Kanyakumari.

The restaurant is pleasant and clean. The staff are friendly and the atmosphere isn't too formal.

We ate here a couple of times. In my continuing search of the perfect Reeshmi Kebab, I tried it here. I have to say that it is the most interesting one that I have ever had. The meat came ina souffle which was very sweet (as opposed to being coated in egg etc).

mains 30-150

Favorite Dish: Reeshmi Kebab for it's interesting twist.

• AcornMan's Profile Photo

Hotel Saratha Rajans: Hotel Saratha Rajans

by AcornMan Written Aug 12, 2007

The restaurant in Hotel Saratha Rajans offers the typical variety of traditional Tamil food. Like the other place we ate in Kanniyakumari there was nothing particularly special about it, but the food was good and we all enjoyed our meals. I would also recommend this place if you need to eat while in Kanniyakumari.

• AcornMan's Profile Photo

Archana Restaurant: Archana Restaurant

by AcornMan Updated Aug 12, 2007

Located in the basement of Hotel Maadhini on East Car Street, Archana Restaurant serves typical Tamil cuisine. There was nothing particularly remarkable about it, but everyone in my group enjoyed their meal. I would recommend this place if you're in Kanniyakumari for lunch or dinner.

• indiabazaar's Profile Photo

Seafood

by indiabazaar Written Jun 26, 2007

As we were family and we rented Beach facing room with balcony.. we get some beers from liquer shop in just 60/- each.. and several kind of fishes in just 20/- each.. we had 8 beers and arround 10 types of 20 fishes we had fun in hotel.. that really cost less then go in any restaurant.
    its available on walking distance from beach and market.. ask any one they will show u exact where its available.. in corner.. u can go and ask for all kind of fishes u want.. wait for half hr. they cook for u ...

there is also Rajasthan veg restaurant.. u can get 30 rs thali.. who dont used with south indian food.. its very testy north indian food..

Instant Answers: Kanniyakumari

Comments

Kanniyakumari Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kanniyakumari restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kanniyakumari sightseeing.

View all Kanniyakumari hotels