Agra Restaurants

Nice and beautiful dining area
    by businessdev
  • airport/station to Clarks hotel and to Taj
    airport/station to Clarks hotel and to...
    by PeterVancouver
    Between Taj and entrance
    by toonhut

Most Recent Restaurants in Agra

• ukirsari's Profile Photo

Only Restaurant: find my fave dal as usual :)

by ukirsari Updated Nov 3, 2004
    Nobby and @rie, automaticly

their main menus are Indians, Chinese and Western foods. if you come by evenings, will be hear Indian songs performing live. a romantic touch :)

Favorite Dish: here i can find easily my fave dal makhani, peas phlao and cheeni lassi. hmmmm!!! plus gulab jamun sometimes :)

• zumodemango's Profile Photo

Joney's place: Small but very nice

by zumodemango Written Oct 5, 2004

It's is a very small place in Taj Ganj area. We met there two Spaniards from Palma de Mallorca and we were speaking with them about the adventures we had!
    The waiter was very happy when he knew that we were Spanish because the restaurant is in a Spanish book about India adn he showed us the photocopies!

Favorite Dish: The best thing, in my opinion, are lassis. The best ones i tried and breakfast are good , too!
    It's good when you are tired refresh with a lassi!

• diageva's Profile Photo

At the city: Restaurants at the city

by diageva Written Aug 25, 2004

Terrace Restaurant

There are lots of terrace to eat something at the centre, at a walking distance from Taj Mahal. You have some directions at Lonely Planet, but ... they are all nearly the same, none of them really great, just a place to have something. The difference is that at the ones at the guides you will find one or two tourist.
    Just remember that is very easy to get stomach problems, so if you need to travel the next day have special care. Avoid things that need refrigerating cause as electricity goes sometimes these things are not in good conditions.
    You will not find this places very clean.

Peshawri: Yet Another Great Tandoori Cuisine

by Audrey118 Written May 5, 2004

Sister restaurant to the well known Bukkhara in New Delhi (voted one of the 7 top restaurants in the world???), this is really the young twin. Looks identical in setting, decor, albeit slightly smaller and less bustling.

The menu delightfully similarly, but better priced.

I was not hungry and opted for some roti...and geez - it was almost like pizza. Roti with tomato base complete with cheeze toppping...very greasy but still finger licking goood. Sharrie had the works; yummy crispy roti in the shape of a violin like, and of course more chicken!!!

• yadiyasin's Profile Photo

Buffet Lunch at the Jaypee Palace Hotel

by yadiyasin Updated Apr 27, 2004

The Jaypee Palace Hotel

After those tiring (and hot) trips to Taj Mahal and Agra red Fort, I had a very good buffet lunch in this hotel. They had a very extensive number of dishes, European, Chinese and not so hot Indian dishes too. From chicken, lamb, and various pasta-like dishes.
    Cakes, fresh fruits and ice-cream were also served. The ice-cream is good.

Only Restaurant: Thali

by Audrey118 Written Apr 21, 2004

I ordered this thali - which is like set dinner. It is very popular in India, and it comes with silver platter and smaller dishes inside. They have rice, some roti (bread) and accompaniment of vegetarian and non vegetarian dishes. Some of the dishes inside were not my favourite n the waiter was so kind to change it to some others. I particularly enjoyed a vegetable dish whcih had nuts, cauliflower and bananas in it. I was a little concern over that dish having some raw stuff...but I never had any stomach problem. It was very very enjoyable. Portions were also big, I never finish my meal

• Audrey118's Profile Photo

ONLY restaurant: the very famous Only restaurant

by Audrey118 Written Apr 21, 2004

When I first read of Only Restaurant...i thot the VTers were playing a prank...not to realise that indeed it was a very good restaurant. The biz card claims that it is recommended by Govt of India Ministry of Tourism, Lonely Plante, Glove Trotter, UP Tourism.,.....maybe they should print VirtualTourst on it as well.

The restaurant has a small but well kept garden...see pic

• thelittlevoice's Profile Photo

Indiana Restaurant: Indian Restaurant

by thelittlevoice Written Apr 19, 2004

This is probably one of the places that your drivers would take you to. My auto's driver also took me here. I just had a simple chicken fried rice and some naan, they're both good.

What I don't like about it though is that the waiter kept mentioning he wanted tips.

• thelittlevoice's Profile Photo

Pizza Hut: Pizza Hut

by thelittlevoice Written Apr 18, 2004

If I recommend this place at other places, people will say I'm stupid but you'll thank me I do it here :)

I personally can't take any Indian food so this was the best place to have something different. May I just say that time spending in Pizza Hut was the best time I had in India?!!

Favorite Dish: Ebony and Ivory...it's vanilla ice cream with a brownie. I felt like heaven since the first bite! It's 50 Rupees.

• shintarojon's Profile Photo

Gulzan Lodge & Restaurant: Better than others....

by shintarojon Written Mar 9, 2004

Not bad! Better compared to others! Just prepare only yourself for an unsanitary food preparations>>>this makes food tastier?!

Favorite Dish: (last date visited - Jan. 25, 2004)

Breakfast:
    1. spaghetti italiana - Rs 25

Dinner:
    1. kashmiri buriani - Rs 35
    2. lemon tea (half pot) - Rs 15

• shintarojon's Profile Photo

Lucky Restaurant: Am not lucky enough...

by shintarojon Updated Mar 8, 2004

Fly

I was with other Hongkong travellers and we took our lunch in this resto. The local guy who served us gave us dirty glasses.

There was a fly too inside my glass and I even told him to replace my glass. What he did was he removed the fly and he did'nt change my glass! But I insisted him to change it and he did!

I guess, am not really lucky enough...

Favorite Dish: (as of Jan. 24, 2004)

Lunch:
    1. vegetable rice buriani - Rs 35
    2. tea with mint - (big size) - Rs 20

• radz's Profile Photo

Dashprakash: Nice place to have lunch.

by radz Written Dec 21, 2003

Dashprakash

This Restaurant nice place for breakfast,lunch..After all sighseeing at Taj,fort where one can have lunch :)
    Yes Agra u have many restaurants near Taj ganj.

Favorite Dish: They do have Indian &few other International
    dishes.
    My favouriste is Lasgne,where u get veg Lasgne :))
    Try Indian foods too.

• Seniors
    • Women's Travel

• PeterVancouver's Profile Photo

Indian Food: Clarks Shiraz Hotel

by PeterVancouver Updated Apr 5, 2012
    airport/station to Clarks hotel and to Taj

Even if you dont stay at this hotel, it is well worth sampling their Indian buffet

Favorite Dish: Too many to mention

• pinch of spice fatehabad raod: best restaurant at agra

by ashishsharma13 Written Mar 11, 2010

This is the best restaurant at Agra as it has lovely decor,great food and specially the friendly service,the portions are great,its good value for money.

Favorite Dish: dal bukhara,murg kali mirch ,murg potli

• NYTim's Profile Photo

Indiana: Peas and Cauliflower YUM YUM

by NYTim Written Oct 28, 2008

Inside from the restaurant owners website pictures

This is a very modern restaurant on lane in the center of town. It was so good I ate there three times.

Favorite Dish: Cauliflower and peas was my favorite dish but the spicy lamb kebabs I have were also delightful.

• Beer Tasting

Instant Answers: Agra

Agra Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Agra restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Agra sightseeing.