Lucknow Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Lucknow

• Willettsworld's Profile Photo

Pushy guides

by Willettsworld Written Jun 23, 2007

This happens all over India not just in India. Whilst I was visiting the Hussainabad Imambara, a guide showed me around and I gave a donation but then at the end he asked for more guide money which I refused as I said I didn't ask for a guide and that I had already given a donation. He and another guy got a bit shirty but I stood my ground and told them that they had just spoilt the experience and that they shouldn't just keep on demanding tourists for money all the time (even though I was the only tourist there).

• Incredible_India's Profile Photo

Theft and Eveteasing

by Incredible_India Written Mar 14, 2004

It's not a good idea to visit any monuments after sunset and especially if alone.
    Ladies should avoid short and sexy clothes on the street., because it's a bit conservative city so avoid attracting unnecessary attraction.

• Can be a bit heavy for white...

by vanishjoplin Written Aug 24, 2002

Can be a bit heavy for white women, you stand out and are a relative rarity. Still on the whole a safe place.
    take care round the university, there is some fairly heavy folk involved in student life, and kidnappings are not rare.

Instant Answers: Lucknow

Comments

Lucknow Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Lucknow warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Lucknow sightseeing.